Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Asians warned by Microsoft for Linux switch-over

Microsoft has grown upset at the potential disruption of their transcontinental software monopoly. China, however, fears use of Windows would create security concerns. Nevertheless, MS has filed suit claiming that 228 patents are violated by Linux.

Someone ought to patent human stupidity, then Microsoft would get sued for practically everything it does.

microsoft is digging its own grave I think. Pissing off more customers and charging more for their product.
given a choice of windows, bootleg windows and linux what do you think the people of a thrid world country are gonna use?

Even more pathetic is that a couple years ago the Korean version of Microsoft.net shipped with the freaking nimda virus in it. If anything, South Korea should be suing Microshit.

Fredrik said:

Keep it up Job, old news is fun!

Nothing wrong with discussing recent events. This isn't the AP, doesn't have to be the latest of the latest.

After switching over to Linux these countries should literally declare war on Microsoft.

Future headline: Microsoft's Redmond headquarters demolished by ninjas.

what give microsoft the right to sue another country? or infact any company the right to sue another country? I mean what is the company comes back and says "fuck you" its not like we are gonna go to war over it. there really isnt a whole hell of a lot Mr. Gates can do to a 3rd world coutry.

just like arresting kids over Mp3's doesn't do shit

I think they might be having second thoughts about such an obvious bullying tactic:

The Microsoft spokesperson was unable to confirm that Ballmer said that Linux does infringe patents and companies will be at risk of lawsuit, but said that it could infringe patents.

Heh, backtracking at it's funniest.

Sephiroth said:

what give microsoft the right to sue another country? or infact any company the right to sue another country? I mean what is the company comes back and says "fuck you" its not like we are gonna go to war over it. there really isnt a whole hell of a lot Mr. Gates can do to a 3rd world coutry.

just like arresting kids over Mp3's doesn't do shit

They arent suing. They only said that Linux users might be infringing patents.

iori said:

There is for MacOS however.

Unless you can load MacOS or OSX on an IBM computer, good Macs are much more expensive than a good PC, even if the Mac is more powerful.

Microsoft will meet an untimely demise soon enough, and all the prisoners they've taken from the games industry will be free once again (Bungie, Access...come on, we need another Tex Murphy game!). That's my prediction for ten years from now.

<Gokuma> Future headline: Microsoft's Redmond headquarters demolished by ninjas.

That's Japan, not China. But still funny.

WildWeasel said:

come on, we need another Tex Murphy game!

WTF, wasn't that the guy from that old ass game, Mean Streets?

Yes, and Maritan Memorandum, Under A Killing Moon, Pandora Directive, and Overseer.

"This display case is home to all kinds of knick-knacks, paddy-whacks, and the world's largest piece of elbow macaroni."

iori said:

I was referring to 'asians and Starcraft' specifically.

Yeah, I know. What I meant to say is that I doubt someone would buy a top-of-the-line Mac just to play Starcraft when they could buy a decent PC for much cheaper, even though Macs are considered more stable. However, I don't know the requirements for the MacOS version of Starcraft are, and I doubt you need a G5 to run it, so you could probably snag a good Mac that can play it for about the same price as a PC.

Wow, I didn't know there were any other games in that series. Hell, I didn't even know anyone else ever played that game.

WildWeasel said:

That's Japan, not China. But still funny.

Yes, I know Ninjas are Japanese, but other countries could hire them. Actually I'm pretty sure Ninjutsu originally evolved from the fusion of Japanese Samurai Jujutsu with Chinese martial arts.

IIRC Macs are even less common in the far east than they are in the western world anyway.

Gokuma said:

Yes, I know Ninjas are Japanese, but other countries could hire them. Actually I'm pretty sure Ninjutsu originally evolved from the fusion of Japanese Samurai Jujutsu with Chinese martial arts.

Ninjutsu looks a lot more like Jiujutsu than Kung Fu though. It's probably a fusion between several martial arts forms, considering the breadth of its training. After all, Nunchukus were almost exclusively a karate weapon at the time of Ninjutsu's creation, and there's definitely Aikido in it, too. Ninjutsu's probably an adaptive form that adopts techiniques from all systems as they emerge.

And it's true MS is filing a suit against the guys who made a Linux program called Lindows, but that's more because they're actually selling it, I think.

But if that be the case, I think Steve Jobs should be breathing down Bill's neck, too.