Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Scabbed Angel

New NIN today... er... sort of

nine inch nails : the downward spiral delux edition halo 8 de came out today. Too bad there are two versions with different features, so now I have to go to another store to get the other one. Meh, oh well, I love NIN.

Any case, it's remastered in high def 5.1 surround (I don't have a player though... yet) also a few early demos, bonus tracks and such because at this time I only have the two disc set, and not the dvd/cd dualdisc set. I will after work, and then there are a few dvd quality videos, some in surround as well. Thought I'd let you know. Be nice Danarchy ; )

EDIT: How cool is this? How many people have their favorite alubum (Broken a close second) come out 10 years later with more content, just when I needed something to cheer me up/relate to in an angry sad kind of way...

Cool, even though I would make no use of it. I'm really looking forward for Bleedthrough, or whatever it's going to be called.

Danarchy said:

Why doesn't he just finish his fucking album instead of dicking around?

Actually the nin.com newsletter that was sent out yesterday stated that they were halfway done with the final mixing of the album.

they sent out a newsletter to say that they're halfway done with the mix?

ps. t-rez missed the 5 year mark lol

Liam said:

they sent out a newsletter to say that they're halfway done with the mix?

ps. t-rez missed the 5 year mark lol

Well actually that was more of a side-note at the bottom. The full newsletter read as follows:

the downward spiral 10th anniversary deluxe edition: digitally
remastered hybrid CD/SACD, includes 5.1 surround mix and bonus disc
with b-sides, remixes, and rarities.

the downward spiral 10th anniversary dualdisc cd/dvd-a: digitally
remastered CD/DVD, includes 5.1 surround mix and videos for closer,
hurt, and march of the pigs.

both in stores 11.23.04. for full details, audio/video samples, and
exclusive downloads - http://tds.nin.com

in other news: we are halfway through final mixing of the new nine inch
nails album, "with teeth," scheduled for a spring release. details at
nin.com.

It doesn't take more than two weeks at the most to mix a record, presumabely. I don't see how it could possibly take until spring for them to release it.

Scabbed Angel said:

Be nice Danarchy ; )

You seem to be slightly mistaken. It is Melfice and Darknation who are the NIN fanboys.

Danarchy is the Skinny Puppy fanboy.

Yeah. Them, and Legendary Pink Dots. But I dont think that's what he was getting at.

Melfice said:

It doesn't take more than two weeks at the most to mix a record, presumabely. I don't see how it could possibly take until spring for them to release it.

Normaly, it shouldn;t take more than a month, but T-Rez is notorious for taking for-fucking-ever to work on the mixing process. Apparently Reznor kept mixing and re-mixing Fragile and it ended up taking like over 6 months.

Little Faith said:

You seem to be slightly mistaken. It is Melfice and Darknation who are the NIN fanboys.

Danarchy is the Skinny Puppy fanboy.

I know, Dan pokes fun with a stick of disapproval at Senor Reznor. ; )

Poll: What happens first: Release of "With Teeth" or return of Christ? (or if you don't happen to believe that, the end of life as we know it)?

I'd say the fact that el Rezo would actually release an album called "With Teeth" is a subliminal message that it's release will be the end of the world. To rid the world of shitty music and republicans. The re-release of TDS (and the 10th anniversary of it) were like the sign it's coming, like saying "Hey, fuckheads, get ready, you're going to bow down before the one you server!!!1!23!" or something. He even hinted about it more when he got pissed at Bush being re-elected, see?

That's why it's past the 5 year mark, precise planning is needed ;)

It's also a sign of the end of time considering he's actually using Jeordie White (aka Twiggy, Manson's former bassist):

darknation said:

it's a fucking retarded name for the album.

NIN: With Teeth! Rawr!

Although the names a little off, Trent has done some weird and off set things that mix perfectly at the end. Never judge any thing of Trent until it is released. And its also because he takes his time is why each of his singles are smash hits. I have a feeling something’s in store for us.

Melfice said:

I'd say the fact that el Rezo would actually release an album called "With Teeth" is a subliminal message that it's release will be the end of the world. To rid the world of shitty music and republicans.

lmao o rly

i love how the album title is a blowjob metaphor. cause there's nothing more goth and depressing than bad head right

Lolz. Wouldn't Reznor putting an end to shitty music mean he has to commit suicide?

/kidding

Oooo...trent is buying into the current anti-bush market kick too. Cool, I hope he does a cover of 'for what it's worth' or something

Technician said:

Although the names a little off, Trent has done some weird and off set things that mix perfectly at the end. Never judge any thing of Trent until it is released. And its also because he takes his time is why each of his singles are smash hits. I have a feeling something’s in store for us.

I've heard the opening to the album. It's a soundclip of reznor wanking into David Bowie's mouth while Manson cavorts in the background and throws peanut butter at them.

Man, what crazy metaphors will Rizner come up with next?

Really? I figured Bowie for a pitcher. I guess the Manson thing is pretty accurate with his towelboy persona.

know that i have yet to hear a single good "politically conscious" record dated 2000 or later. writing an up-the-revolution record is musical suicide right now, if the rez wants to hold on to what little chance he has of impressing anyone but the die-hard ninchers with this new album he won't take that route.

and dn, it seems to me that you have a secret desire to stray from the blackened path of the mall goth. should you be disappointed by this 'NIN: with teeth', we at the holy church of industrial and electronic body musics will welcome you as we do all dejected ninnies.

it's what's known as 'keeping your expectations to a mimimum'. Don't expect me to go tubhumping with the other elektro geeks anytime soon.