Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom2day

Doom guy, insane?

I personally think that the doomguy is insane because in the doom2 picture, he is fighting a cyberdemon with a machine gun which is similar to the chaingun. he is damn insane, isn't he. if you can find any other proof list it, other wise prove he is sane, i dare you!

DarkJedi188 said:

He's not holding a machine gun in that pic.
He's holding the double-barrel combat shotgun.
Zoom in and see for yourself :p

I thought he was holding an sb shotgun.

I personally think that the doomguy is insane[...]

No, he's just so much of a badass that he can fight a cybie with a shotgun (which uses the most common ammo type in the game - shells) and still win.

Aha.. so the Pilots who fought in the Battle for Britain in 1939, who despite being low on numbers and guns beat the Nazis, were insane? I tough that was Heroic.
[patriot]BTW, Do I have to mention most of them were Polish pilots? :)[/patriot]

If you think that's insane, then check out some Tyson or Pacifist demos where the player goes toe-to-toe with cybers with just his fists, or with nothing at all. Sometimes you can bump straight into an undistracted cyber, head-on, and emerge unscathed.

Oh well, at least this makes a change from people asking if the Doomguy is gay.

Grazza said:

Oh well, at least this makes a change from people asking if the Doomguy is gay.

The gayest moment in doom? The start of hr18.

Nah, because if you're good (like the Doom Marine is supposed to be, damnit!) you can just dodge the rockets and rip him to pieces with any gun you choose.

Vile said:

The gayest moment in doom? The start of hr18.

There's certainly something queer with that cyber: it only takes one push and then he goes off.

Relica Religia said:

I'd like to see someone prove that you're the sane one.

We all go a little crazy sometimes... especially when those fucking demons come to destroy the world again.

"HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN! CHOO CHOO CHA! BOOGIE! CHOO CHOO CHA... oh my"

When he gets hopped up on berserker packs he develops a lust for imps. I think that's somewhere in the neighbourhood of insanity.

That was just one marine in a moment of extreme weakness.

BUT YOU WON'T LET IT LIE, WILL YOU?

I would go insane too if I experinced all my fellow marines dying, I had to go to Hell,Witness my homeland being Destroyed by Hell, and killing 500+ Demons from hell.

Maybe the original poster has a point. On the title pic of Doom 1, he's standing there in a horde of barons of hell (or imps with horns?) with only a pistol or somehting, and instead of running backwards and firing into them which zooming back and forth to dodge their fireballs, he's just standing there. Even his buddy thinks he's a little nuts. "Dude, wtf, use this BFG I found!"

Danarchy said:

Maybe the original poster has a point. On the title pic of Doom 1, he's standing there in a horde of barons of hell (or imps with horns?) with only a pistol or somehting, and instead of running backwards and firing into them which zooming back and forth to dodge their fireballs, he's just standing there. Even his buddy thinks he's a little nuts. "Dude, wtf, use this BFG I found!"

Actually it's a Machine Pistol,In the original DooM Bible theres talk of one.

it'll be cool if in the pic he was fighting the cyber with one of those oversized Acme mallets.

i've killed a cyberdemon with my fists once and that's nothing amazing, what's so awesome about killing one with a pistol/ssg/whatever?

I have beaten the cyber on e2m9 TONS of times with my pistol and fists. Its not that hard.

Now, trying to beat Mock2 with just your fists, THATS insane! :P

Talking to Your self isn't insane. John McClane used to do that in Diehard many times. :/

Captain Red said:

He's not insane; he's a man and a half! a berserker packin' man and a half!

Be that as it may, he still needs to find a bigger gun. That comic was great, and it really does bring out his insane side.

Fighting your way through an infested base, Hell, Earth and then back to Hell again, that is sure to drive anyone crazy.

Captain Red said:

He's not insane; he's a man and a half! a berserker packin' man and a half!

Oh yeah, dig the prowes, the capacity for violence. I'm the man, I'm super bad!