Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Resurrection of Evil details

Shaviro said:

And the maggot.
We need more medium/large monsters like the mancubus and hellknight, imo.

Yeah.Like an Aracnotron.ID Software, please get rid of these shitty new monsters and bring back our Spider.

There's always room for the SpiderMastermind.

I'm not liking this new expansion pack so far except for the db shotgun. They need to change locations like someone here said before, you get sick of seeing the same textures and locations after a while.

The only interesting monster imo is the "new" lost soul. The Vulgar seems to be boring, the floating dude, both stupid and boring, and the guy with the tv (and the fact that it hides in the walls pretending to be a wall monitor), just ridiculus.

The maps are good looking, but it will probably be boring to see the same scenarios again, and again.

The weapons, seems good, but nothing special.

I think that some of the comunity mods are more interesting.

For some reason I have a strong feeling there will be two official Doom 3 expansion packs, and if so hopefully the Arachnotron, Baron, a new type of environment, etc will be included in the second one.

I hope that the 'grabber' isn't a weapon, it's just you picking something up with your hands and being able to toss it mario 2 style - that would be cool.

NiGHTMARE said:

For some reason I have a strong feeling there will be two official Doom 3 expansion packs, and if so hopefully the Arachnotron, Baron, a new type of environment, etc will be included in the second one.

It's my last hope for an official Hell on Earth Doom game - with luck, this RoE expansion is one big foreshading for the terror unleashed on Earth.

I hope that the 'grabber' isn't a weapon, it's just you picking something up with your hands and being able to toss it mario 2 style - that would be cool.

That joke was lame.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were two mission packs. Ever since Quake, iD's singeplayer games have had two mission packs, and the small amount of new content in Resurrection of Evil would lead me to believe the same.

Monsters posing as a monitor?
You would think that id has more creativity than that.

XXoXX said:

Monsters posing as a monitor?
You would think that id has more creativity than that.

Frankly, I think that's very creative. It also shows that iD has a sense of humor. :P "Yeah, yeah, we know we make too many tech bases, but now the tech bases fight back!"

Hay guys I got a chance to go to id software's offices and try out this Kick ass new mission pack.

So there I was in a dimly lit room I walked around and could hear the monsters breathing, it was creepy. I looked at some monitors that lit up the room and there was one that cought my attention. it was this one monitor that seemed to be breathing up and down. So I walked up to it and stared at the teeth that were displayed when. BOOM! this monster ripped though the wall. I was like, holy shit! it's monitor mouth!. after it killed me. it jumped back in it's closet and awaited for another sucker to get lured by the attractive teeth displayed on it's monitor.

OK so it was all a lie. but it wasn't too crazy to not be real.:D

I would imagine the monster would be able to change the display on its moniter....id has enough sense to do that, right?

Wouldn't teeth on a monitor seem kind of, you know, suspicious? If the monitor had a different display until it breaks out of the wall, it could make for some nasty surprises. ;)

you guys are right about the monitor display. but I thoght it would be funnier the way I wrote it. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. And it's obvious they wouldn't make the monitor breathing either. ;)

What I wanna know is how it gets behind the computer terminal in the first place. Or are you just gonna see a lone monitor in the dark and when you get closer the creature jumps out at you?

DaJuice said:

What I wanna know is how it gets behind the computer terminal in the first place. Or are you just gonna see a lone monitor in the dark and when you get closer the creature jumps out at you?

Those creatures are demons - it oughta be evident from the fact that they suddenly come out of the walls that they can manipulate with the environment, possibly spawn inside walls.

footman said:

Wouldn't teeth on a monitor seem kind of, you know, suspicious?

If you hadn't seen the teeth on that screenshot, wouldn't you go all close to the monitor, examining it? ;)

Shaviro said:

If you hadn't seen the teeth on that screenshot, wouldn't you go all close to the monitor, examining it? ;)

That'd work the first time, but not the second. Or the third. Personally, I'd like to believe that the monitor can change - monitors already change in Doom 3, so it's perfectly likely that "the monistor's" teeth don't appear until after he has burst through the wall.

Just read some details on the add-on in PC Gamer UK. Warning: contains spoilers. If you don't want to know, don't read! You have been warned.

- You don't play the marine from Doom 3, you play a guy trained to deal with hazardous materials or somesuch (perhaps this, combined with the gravity gun is the origin of the "Gordon Friedman" joke?). No mention is made of what happened to the D3 marine.

- RoE takes place something like a year and a half after the end of Doom 3.

- After Doom 3, the UAC told everyone there had been some kind of nuclear accident on Mars, and the place was quarantined.

- A passing ship detects a strange signal coming from the surface of Mars, and a team (including the player character) is sent to investigate.

- The leader of this team is an extremely attractive female scientist.

- The signal is coming from Site 1 (part of the alien ruins briefly visited at the end of Doom 3), and there the team finds the Artifact.

- Taking the Artifact gains the attention of Hell (or more specifically, the now fully demonic Betruger) once again, and they send a new wave of hellspawn to retrieve it.

- After the intro sequence, the game proper starts off at site 1, and you have to fight your way back into the UAC base and find some way to escape the planet.

- The player soon finds out that as well as the general hellspawn, there are five boss creatures out looking for him and the Artifact.

- The deaths of each boss powers up the Artifact, allowing for fancy Sands of Time style time slow down and reversal effects. No mention is made of whether these bosses are identical or completely different than one another.

- The aforementioned attractive female scientist is somewhere in the base, though no mention is made of her role in things other than that she's on the player's side.

- Part of RoE takes place in the "Phobos Labs", but whether this is simply a part of the Mars Base or on the moon of Phobos (ala Doom 1 episode 1) isn't clear.

uhh, im still positive of this game regardless of some cheesy stuff revealed. i dont like the idea of the artifact at all. but i still have faith that they will create a more satanic and evil atmosphere on the expansion.

as for the monitor monster, dsm pretty much said it how i like it; the demons manipulating the environment. in doom3 i was disappointed for the imaginery, the spawning shit was ok, but same looking pentagrams, a couple of candles...

and vulgars, i hope they made them able to climb anywhere unlike the imps in doom3 (imo the biggest disappointement in the game was that the imps and trites didnt crawl or climb the walls to get you - especially the trites only used their spider silk to kinda spawn to the area).

Ugh, attractive female character - I smell love interest.

Personally, I think the artefact thing sounds interesting.

And I still haven't given up hope that there might be an official "Hell on Earth" game off in the horizon :-P

useless warrior said:

which was done to death...

...a railgun...

These phrases just leap out at me.

Monitor man; I like this idea of diguise but I just wish it was a chamelionic lifeform instead.
Hell Hunter; oh dear.
Vulgar; I think this should have been a different form of Vile, myself.
Forgotten; Sweeeeeeeeeeet-ah!

Attractive female character; I hope the relationship between her and doomguy is strictly proffesional.