Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chopkinsca

Adventure back from the dead.

Some of you may remember when I was creating a zdoom project that involved crazy ideas such as going to Jamaica.

Well, because I didn't feel like mapping, I had given up on the project early on. It also didn't have an actual story to work with.

I have changed the project a great deal, and now am going to attempt to finish it this time. I have a story line for it that should be quite interesting, maybe. It was going to be a humor type adventure, but now it is going to be more of a serious type.

I have a 'demo' here. If you played the demo of the project I had half a year ago, it hasn't changed much. What this file contains is the first map, and the basic layout of the second map. It doesn't have the decorate lumps that I have created as it is a minimal demo.

I am not asking for help because I would rather have control over the development. But if for some crazy reason you wanted to help out in some way, let me know and I can check out what you can do. The scripting I want for myself, and the mapping has to be a certain style, so I doubt I would let anyone help me anyway.

Hopefully I won't give up on it again. And if you do try the 'demo', tell me if you see any bugs or have any suggestions.

Just wanted to say that it isn't dead.

I am probably the only guy on the face of the earth who gave two shits about this project*, and I'm glad to see it resurfacing. Yay and stuff.

*Negated by the fact that nobody knows who the hell I am.

EDIT: Oh, that demo is the ultimate 404.

Pika132 said:

EDIT: Oh, that demo is the ultimate 404.

oh, yeah. I must have spaced out and only thought I had the location in the clipboard. It is fixed now.

Funny thing, I thought I was playing Cold As Hell right now, and the lag was gone away...

I was expecting something warmer, since you mentioned Jamaica... :-)

Looks promising, the cutscenes and all were great, the plane leaving looked nice too, just the cornyass dialouges will probably ruin this "serious" theme you said you aimed for now...

"What is that? Never seen a creature like that before...looks dangerous!" Then the player just proceeds to punching him 5-6 times like he's done a million times before without taking a single hit... :-D

gemini09 said:

without taking a single hit

Depends on who's playing. I am obviously the worst DooMer ever.

gemini09 said:

...just the cornyass dialouges will probably ruin this "serious" theme you said you aimed for now...

I agree fully. It will be different in the future, unless I forget again.

I thought it was awesome. It really feels cold, like you're caught in a terrible snow storm. I was caught off guard a bit though, because you mentioned Jamaica. Imagine my surprpise when I was stuck in an arctic area with blowing snow. I really look forward to playing the rest of it. Admittedly, the dialogue is a bit cheesy though. But that's really the only downfall, the atmosphere is fantastic.

Pika132 said:

I am probably the only guy on the face of the earth who gave two shits about this project*

HEY! I gave three shits about this wad... It's still in my favorites list on WIP. Anyways, glad to know its going to happen this time. I'm also glad to know you're taking a realistic approach.