Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyborg

Can't Move

I'm running D3 on a new computer systems specs are fine... had the game running perfectly a few weeks ago. I am also running the 1.1 update.

Now when i try to play i can't move using any keys on my keyboard. I can still use the ESC key and messaging in MP but no movement or PDA.

I tried reseting my controls and that didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that didn't work. I have set the controls back to default and have tried reseting again with no results. No keys are sticking and keyboard is still functional (ESC key works). My mouse is working fine as i can still look around and shoot.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the very odd occurrence?

Hmmm... don't know. that's weird, not to mention frustrating.
Did you unbindall?
Can you reach the console? bind a key to move forward with 'bind "e" "_forward"'
then try pressing 'e' in the game.
check your Doomconfig.cfg file.
You should be able to reach the console with Ctrl-Alt-~
You can launch the game with 'doom3 +seta com_allowConsole "1"' but you will still have to press ~ to reach the console.
perhaps uninstalling the game, removing your Doom3 install directory, then re-installing? gl.

Computers can be so great sometimes.

I fixed it, but to answer your questions for future readers... yes it was happening in both SP and MP and no i could not access my console. My ESC key was the only one that worked.

It turns out that when i was launching the game it was putting itself in some kind of window mode. To correct it when i enter the game now, i push the windows key which puts the game in the background then push it again to put the game in the foreground. Clicking on the screen once after that enables my movement keys.

Who would have thought. Thanks for you help and concern Kaiser and Opulent.

BTW Kaiser... have you ever played Gore Ultimate Soldier? I know a Kaiser from there as well.

Cyborg? can I just say:

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou......... (Da Capo el Fade out)

I must have tried 500 different unsuccesful ways to fix this before I read your thread.. I thought I was alone... but I still have to fight the "reset-to-640x480" bug that was introduced to us with the 1.1 patch.. 'nd yes, all of this is weird..

lol... glad i could help.

Do you happen to have an ATI video card? If so, what kind and do you have the updated drivers from the ATI website?

I had the ATI website drivers and was having problems with some of my other games. A friend recommended the Omega drivers instead. After downloading those drivers for my Radeon 9800pro AIW i found that all of my games were then working and that i no longer had the "No Movement" problem in D3.

I am told that the Omega drivers are made by gamers for gamers. Link is listed below for anyone interested.

http://www.omegadrivers.net