Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abou

Doom 3 on two Voodoo 2s

yknow the voodoo 2 is capable of much better graphics than this... it ran quake 3 just fine, colored ligthing and all

*reminisces back to the olden days*

*realizes it was yesterday*

time to upgrade

I never could get Quake 3 running on a Voodoo 2 without turning off the lighting. But then, that was right on release day, no patches or anything. GLSetup was a pain to install, and I had to crank the screen res down to 512x384 (on a 200 MHz system with 64 MB of RAM).

didnt know the game COULD look tht crappy. Bloody sacrelige is what it is.

Doom 3 - Lighting + NOT Doom 3

well you got a whole community gathered around a dead product who do alot of moding. honeslty i should thry this out on my 2 voodoo 2 cards. both are the 12MB models.

Vegeta said:

Does it work with a TNT2?

Considering it can "run" on a single voodoo 2, technically it should be able to run on a tnt2. If you call that running. I wouldn't bother with it though. I'd just continue to play doom 1/2 until a decent mod comes out for doom 3 that makes it fun.

Even so, the tnt2 is still my favorite video card, mainly because it was my first "real video card", that I/O magic 8mb card I bought doesn't count, considering it ran everything worse than I could run it in software mode. That's why I don't shop at computermax anymore.

Reminds me of Terminator : Rampage for some bizarre reason.

now if someone can get the game to run on a old 1024K VESA card then they deserve $1,000,000 and a free computer.

these people are doing it just to do it. its fun to mess with stuff like that.

with TNT2 i could see someone trying it. I had gotten a voodoo 2 just before the TNT2.

You know what?

I've got a 9800pro but in another 3-4 years I'll probably trying to get my card to work in the latest game and probably with similar results...I mean how old is a Voodoo 2 anyways? 4-5-6 years?

Damn upgrades, playing computer games is an expensive habbit.

Sephiroth said:

now if someone can get the game to run on a old 1024K VESA card then they deserve $1,000,000 and a free computer.

Just write a software OpenGL driver that supports everything and you're all good. You'll get like .00002 FPS though.

Cajun[CC] said:

Just write a software OpenGL driver that supports everything and you're all good. You'll get like .00002 FPS though.

Simple, disable all hardware acceleration, and have the engine allow Software GL rendering.

Voodoo2 doesn't do Doom3's lighting because it's all cubemap functions which the card does not support (only Radeon7000/Geforce256 and up supports this), and that's pretty much it - the Voodoo2 does have bumpmap capabilities however, but since there's no lighting to feed off from it's visually disabled. It'll look the same on a TNT, TNT2, Kyro2, etc.