Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Resurrection of Evil details

dsm said:

Ugh, attractive female character - I smell love interest.

I hope I dont get another Max Crap 2:The Fall of Crap.

Urg, Remind me never to bring that game up again when Talking about Doom 3.

On the other hand, maybe its a Imp in Disguise.That would be cool.

Ralphis said:

Max Payne 2 is practically one of the only good PC games released in the past few years. My opinion is right, and yours is irrelevant.

No, just No.Max Payne 2 was a horrible sequel.The first one was good though.

Maybe her head will explode and a Forgotten Soul will pop out.

Or maybe it will turn out that in the end, she's the bad guy! dun dun dun!

DoomDan said:

I hope I dont get another Max Crap 2:The Fall of Crap.

Urg, Remind me never to bring that game up again when Talking about Doom 3.

On the other hand, maybe its a Imp in Disguise.That would be cool.

Max Payne 2 is practically one of the only good PC games released in the past few years. My opinion is right, and yours is irrelevant.

NiGHTMARE said:

- You don't play the marine from Doom 3, you play a guy trained to deal with hazardous materials or somesuch (perhaps this, combined with the gravity gun is the origin of the "Gordon Friedman" joke?). No mention is made of what happened to the D3 marine.

The player character had better be a guy who was at least at some point trained for combat - I hate, hate when you play as a character who's not already some leet killer before the game story kicks in. Makes the whole idea of him single-handedly being able to defeat a whole army of the evil forces totally ridiculous. >:-[

That and it's another fucking HL ripoff.

I just got quite a bit more worried about this add-on.

The D3 marine, I guess, got brought back home and sent to a mental institution or some such. I don't think he's important for the story of this expansion.

NiGHTMARE said:

- The deaths of each boss powers up the Artifact, allowing for fancy Sands of Time style time slow down and reversal effects. No mention is made of whether these bosses are identical or completely different than one another.

OMG STRIFE

dsm said:

That and it's another fucking HL ripoff.

Maybe they're getting revenge for all the things HL stole from the original Doom? :P

Look forward to this. We may have new bosses. (Spider Mastermind) And we may be able this time to fight the demonic Betruger that we wanted to do since the end cinematic

XXoXX said:

Monsters posing as a monitor?
You would think that id has more creativity than that.

Considering id's not making this game...

dsm said:

The D3 marine, I guess, got brought back home and sent to a mental institution or some such. I don't think he's important for the story of this expansion.

The UAC probably had him relieved of his military duties or something and pulled some CIA crap where if he says anything about it to anyone he's history.

The UAC's excuse for the fall of Mars Base pisses me off because TeamKill (which I am part of) is working on a Doom 3 prequel that takes place on the moon, and that was the same excuse I came up with for the base there getting closed down. God damn it.

NiGHTMARE said:

- Part of RoE takes place in the "Phobos Labs", but whether this is simply a part of the Mars Base or on the moon of Phobos (ala Doom 1 episode 1) isn't clear.

Somebody's watching us, i fucking swear it >:(

Spike said:

Somebody's watching us, i fucking swear it >:(

heh yeah.
BTW I read that you find the SSG in "Sarge's old office" on phobos :P

There's too much here to just be coincidence :/

You don't play the marine from Doom 3, you play a guy trained to deal with hazardous materials or somesuch (perhaps this, combined with the gravity gun is the origin of the "Gordon Friedman" joke?). No mention is made of what happened to the D3 marine.

I SERIOUSLY hope that's not true.

Regardless of all the bad ideas if the gameplay is good its worth the money

More details on RoE, this time from PC Zone:

- It's set around two years after D3, not that 1 1/2 I previous thought.

- You don't play a 'hazardous materials expert' as I previously suggested; your character is a 'combat engineer'

- There's at least one new variation of zombie, which wanders around in an environmental suit complete with a lamp on top.

- The 'gravity gun' sounds a bit more useful in combat than Half-life 2's. It's "capable of lifting and moving things that are barrel-sized and smaller. One of the really cool things about it is that it has the ability to take hold of any projectile - fireballs, rockets - even bullets are separate objects that the grabber is capable of holding on to."

NiGHTMARE said:

- The 'gravity gun' sounds a bit more useful in combat than Half-life 2's. It's "capable of lifting and moving things that are barrel-sized and smaller. One of the really cool things about it is that it has the ability to take hold of any projectile - fireballs, rockets - even bullets are separate objects that the grabber is capable of holding on to."

Bah, "barrel-sized and smaller" means it can't even lift a live zombie or a corpse - sucks.
There goes my last hope that RoE's grabber would be more enjoyable to use than HL2's grav gun.

|:-(

NiGHTMARE said:

The 'gravity gun' sounds a bit more useful in combat than Half-life 2's. It's "capable of lifting and moving things that are barrel-sized and smaller.

Other than the projectile thing, HL2's Gravity gun can do all that and more.

The projectile thing was precisely what I was referring to with "more useful in combat".

NiGHTMARE said:

The projectile thing was precisely what I was referring to with "more useful in combat".

That actually sounds pretty cool too. You'll get to play catch with the HK ^_^

Well, lost souls, trites, ticks, cherubs and those forgotten ones are smaller than a barrel, so with a bit of luck, we'll be able to pick those suckers up and toss them.

On the other hand, "objects" isn't necessarily the same thing as 'living things' :-/

Indeed, it would be cool to have a lost soul charging at you, and catch it with the grabber before it gets to you, and perhaps smash it up against a wall.

In Jedi Knight II, you could use the dark side grip power to pick up your enemies and bang them against the ceiling/wall until they died. That'd be cool if you could do such things with the grabber. It's fun, for sure.

Mogul said:

In Jedi Knight II, you could use the dark side grip power to pick up your enemies and bang them against the ceiling/wall until they died. That'd be cool if you could do such things with the grabber. It's fun, for sure.

Indeed. I had hoped the HL2 grav gun had had that capability, but sadly, it didn't :-/

In Rygar for Ps2 you could fire your disc at a monster and grab it with it and slam it back and forth against the floor or just spin it around and around and toss it into the wall. that was always fun.

I don't see all the bitching. I haven't been here in a while and find out about the expansion. I saw some scans of the PC Gamer mag, and it looks great. Plus I LOVE THE HL RIP OFFS!!! Fucking Half Life was and always will be rip off of the great Doom. Valve took the whole concept of Doom and re did it. Yeah they put in a deaper story, but come on. Hell, HL2 (though it is fun from what I heard) is so Doom II. The invasion hits earth. Pifff. Wow valve, nice original concept.

As far as the expansion, bring it on!

Erm, Earth is invaded in the first Half-life, albeit only a small part of it (i.e. Black Mesa). And AFAIK the invaders in HL2 aren't even the same race as the invaders in HL1.

Well lets see:

Doom: Messing with portals causes aliens/demons to invade mars. Small and contained incident, thought to be the end of the story.

Half Life: Messing with portals causes aliens to invade earth. Small and contained incident, thought to be the end of the story.

Doom II: Not over yet, invasion is spread to the entire world.

Half Life 2: Not over yet, invasion is spread to the entire world.

Doesn't matter that there is small changes such as where it happened, or who is invading, HL is a copy of Doom. End of story.

Do you have any idea just how many movies/books/games feature a relatively minor invasion, and have a sequel which contains an invasion on a much larger scale? The sheer number makes my head hurt.

Yes Valve may well have copied ID, but Doom's storyline was hardly brand new itself.