Find results in...
ventnor

"Exploding lava lamp kills man"

MSNBC said:

Exploding lava lamp kills Washington man[/B]

Shard of glass pierces victim’s heart after lamp heated on stove

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 4:03 p.m. ET Nov. 30, 2004

KENT, Wash. - A man who placed a lava lamp on a hot stovetop was killed when it exploded and sent a shard of glass into his heart, police said.

Philip Quinn, 24, was found dead in his trailer home Sunday night by his parents.

“Why on earth he was heating a lava lamp on the stove, we don’t know,” Kent Police spokesman Paul Petersen said Monday.

A lava lamp features blobs of wax in liquid that rise and fall in a container when heated by a bulb at the base of the lamp.

After the lamp exploded, Quinn apparently stumbled into his bedroom, where he died Sunday afternoon, authorities said.

Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use.

[B]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6621680/?GT1=5855

were people always this stupid?

Wow, no drugs or alcohol needed. Just plain Stupidity. Stupidity is great.

Haha, Kent. That figures. That town is full of rednecks and washed-out hippies that wish they lived in Seattle, or at least no right fucking next to I-5. Heh, yeah...

hmm...

* eyes the lavalamp sitting next to him suspiciously

You know, every time someone is killed in a really stupid way like that everyone is really quick to jump in and make fun of them, but I have to wonder how many of us are really capable of doing something incredibly stupid at just the wrong moment. I think even the smartest of us have temporary but huge lapses in judgement.

Hyena said:

I think even the smartest of us have temporary but huge lapses in judgement.

I remember one morning when I wanted to get a bowl of cereal and glass of orange juice, after putting the cereal in the bowl, I started pouring the OJ (rather than the milk) into the cereal for some reason. Luckily my parents were in the kitchen at the time, since I enjoy an audience to witness these bizarre incidents.

Either sleepy or not thinking straight, it was embarrassing.

Vile said:

I remember one morning when I wanted to get a bowl of cereal and glass of orange juice, after putting the cereal in the bowl, I started pouring the OJ (rather than the milk) into the cereal for some reason. Luckily my parents were in the kitchen at the time, since I enjoy an audience to witness these bizarre incidents.

Been there, except with apple juice.

Hyena said:

Oh well. It could have been battery acid or something.

No kidding. I always drink battery acid with breakfast.

Ninja_of_DooM said:

DARWIN AWARD! Idiot.

I hate the Darwin awards. Some dumb bitch thinks she's hot shit by making fun of dead people. She has some mental complex that makes her feel better about herself by making fun of things that cant talk back (it probably also ties in to some necrophilical thing also). She also manages to bastardize Charles Darwin. What if her book fell and hit her on her head and she died? Would she like everyone laughing at the irony thier? No should would probably come back as a ghost and kill everyone who laughed.

Anyway, maybe the guy was heating his lava lamp to make it trippier. After all the heat is what causes the bubbles to move.

insertwackynamehere said:

I hate the Darwin awards. Some dumb bitch thinks she's hot shit by making fun of dead people. She has some mental complex that makes her feel better about herself by making fun of things that cant talk back (it probably also ties in to some necrophilical thing also). She also manages to bastardize Charles Darwin. What if her book fell and hit her on her head and she died? Would she like everyone laughing at the irony thier? No should would probably come back as a ghost and kill everyone who laughed.

What the fuck

insert obviously woke up on the wrong side of his mom's bed this morning.

The article itself is already playing homorously... or with the darwin awards, even; thus my post above, it sounds like the name of an extinct species of hominid, like the Neanderthal man or the Peking man.

No should would probably come back as a ghost and kill everyone who laughed.

No, she would just boo at you, you'd die of a heart attack, and we would have yet another laugh.

Anyway, maybe the guy was heating his lava lamp to make it trippier. After all the heat is what causes the bubbles to move.

Aha... are you going to try it anytime soon?

Vile said:

At least you havent tried putting salt on your cereal rather than sugar. Yuck.

I remember reading about this old man in Chile who killed himself using a homemade sextoy. They found him dead naked in the bathroom with this object hooked up to his phallus. I guess he wanted to shock his dick for whatever reason and the electricity triggered a heartattack. What a sad way to go.

Anyway, maybe the guy was heating his lava lamp to make it trippier.

Hang on, now is this your attempt to argue that the guy wasn't utterly dumb?

OK, so it's not as bad as the guy who used an oxy-acetylene torch to free his frozen petrol cap. But then again, that story probably isn't true.

Vile said:

Heh, I did the exact same thing once. Hmm...that was way back in the day when I ate breakfast. Man, I miss those days. :(

Vile said:

At least you didn't pour tea on your toast. :(

Edit; Hell, I don't even like tea. O_o

Relica Religia said:

We all have brief lapses in judgement, but something like this requires stupidity above and beyond the call of duty.

He had a railgunner moment.

Bashe said:

This sounds like something I would do...

haha lets all make fun of ourselves!!111

YOU ARE AN IDIOT