Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildseed

What is your all-time best TV drama?

When I was a university student, here in Korea, X-Files was dominating. My fellow students and I gathered around a TV set at the exact time the drama began whatever we had been doing before.
I don't know what it was like in the U.S.

Personally also I enjoyed "Friends", "The 3rd Rock" and "C.S.I." very much.

Ah! It seems that you guys are so young and may don't know this.
There was a drama called "V" in 80's.
Mankind Vs. Reptile Aliens
Very sensational in Korea at that time.

Airwolf was also popular but it couldn't reach the top because of "V"

What is your favorite?

Hah.

My all-time best, eh? My all-time best show is the one my friends and I filmed in the basement back when I was 10. Sadly I have not produced any actual TV broadcasts and I highly doubt anyone else here has.

Also, Friends and 3rd Rock are hardly what I would call a TV "drama" but it was still fascinating to learn that they were made in Korea. I seriously did not know that. Good job, man. Keep churning out hits.

ummm i think 'V' would go under sci-fi, not drama. But yeah it was pretty good.

As in actual dramas, my fav would have to be Six Feet Under. Freaks and Geeks was good too.

PS- He-Man and Friends are not dramas.

I dislike tv in general, and moreso drama and sitcoms. However the dutch miniseries The Kingdom 2 was excellent in my opinion. I've never had a chance to see the first one, but second one really impressed me.

I have a guilty pleasure for daytime television. I like General Hospital and All My Children. Unfortunately, they never end, and some of the storylines can get just plain fucking retarded. So I enjoy Soap Operas, Fuck you!

the only soap opera i like is Passions because of how blatantly ********** and fucked up it is.

EDIT: ummmm ok, the word 're-dic-u-lous' gets blanked out but the word 'fucked' is fine?

Heh, I used to watch Passions. Well, my girlfriend watched it and I had nothing better to do. Plus the girls on the show were hot. I used to watch Sunset Beach, too.

Other than that...

Law & Order
Can't remember the show with Denis Leary
I think the last one I've watched since was Cheers.

Foofoo said:

EDIT: ummmm ok, the word 're-dic-u-lous' gets blanked out but the word 'fucked' is fine?

Because your spelling of fucked was not fucked up but your spelling of ridiculous was ridiculous.

Bloodskull said:

Law and Order. Nuff said.

x2
i also like nypd blue. law & order: svu is good as well.

EDIT: the x-files was also one of my favorite shows, back in the day. towards the end it got pretty bad though.

I only watch TV for two reasons: documentaries, and comedies (well, and sometimes movies but only TCM and IFC since they show them completely uncut). So really, I haven't seen many dramas. The only ones I have seen are V, X-Files and Star Trek (mostly TNG and DS9). I do admit that I did watch one soap orera, but that was Soap which was just a parody of other soap operas. Teh funney.

And just for shit and giggles, I'll post my list of my favorite TV shows of all time:

1. Mystery Science Theatre 3000
2. The Young Ones
3. Fawlty Towers
4. Futurama
5. Star Trek: The Next Generation
6. The Critic
7. Invader Zim
8. History's Mysteries
9. Monty Python's Flying Circus
10. hmmm....I'll just put The Simpsons here since I grew up watching that show

And now as per usual, I predict a chain of pointless lists will follow. >:D

i did enjoy x-files when i was younger. now however i really dont watch any of those TV shows.
friends was more of a comedy and besides i fucking hated that show.

however the worst shit i can think of is soap operas and similar type shows.

X-files may be the one i would guess, maybe startrek. however really wasn't into star trek that much and i only remember it because one episode scared the shit out of me. however i can claim countless x-files episodes had a similar effect.
however as a kid i loved the A-team, but i was really little and dont remember much.