Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Is there some kind of patch that lets Sim City 2000 run under win95/98/xp?

wtf is wrong with you. sc2k runs in 98. if I can find my copy i'd see if it works in xp too.

Yes, SC2k dos version runs in xp, but not without some interesting bugs... it drops out of the game everytime I save a city (it still saves it though), having sound on makes the game slow right down, lots of video gliches and other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

Uh, there's been a win32 build of sc2k for ages.

Go get the sc2k w95 special edition, bargain bin it for like $9.

And don't run in african swallow speed. Time passes at about a century per second.

Arioch said:

And don't run in african swallow speed. Time passes at about a century per second.

Depends on the size of your city, and how much you have in the view. Though sometimes that super speed is a good thing :P

ravage said:

Depends on the size of your city, and how much you have in the view. Though sometimes that super speed is a good thing :P

not if you haven't turned off newspapers...

Quast said:

not if you haven't turned off newspapers...

Fuck newspapers, I never read them anyway.

The Win32 version has some really annoying problems. The fastest speed runs years per second, and the second-fastest speed crawled along at several seconds per month.

There are at least one or two more annoyances, but I can't remember what they are right now.

ravage said:

Fuck newspapers, I never read them anyway.

I'm just saying if you forget to turn them off...that and auto taxes

Heh, I have an old DOS version and I don;t get any sound in Win98 because my soundcard has no sound blaster emulation. :( Hell, it's not even a soundcard, it's a sound...chip or something. Stupid fucking onboard everything.

AndrewB said:

The Win32 version has some really annoying problems. The fastest speed runs years per second, and the second-fastest speed crawled along at several seconds per month.

There are at least one or two more annoyances, but I can't remember what they are right now.

Pfeh. Minor details.

At least the time isn't going 5 minutes per day like SC3K or 4.

And with the win32 version, he gets to run it at desktop resolution AND with sound. Clearly it's The Right Choice.

I have the DOS, Win16, and Win32 version :P

If all else fails, just DOSbox it. I had luck with it on the dos version on my tbird :D

Arioch said:

And with the win32 version, he gets to run it at desktop resolution AND with sound. Clearly it's The Right Choice.

Man I REALLY REALLY wish I still had it. :P

I have to buy the new EA version for like five dollars. That game was fun. Although I find I quit playing that and started having more fun with SimAnts.