Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Awesome Doom Movie News!!

Schneelocke said:

It's one of the rules of life: when something is turned into a movie after it's successful, the movie will always suck. It was true for the lord of the rings

No.

Schneelocke said:

It's one of the rules of life: when something is turned into a movie after it's successful, the movie will always suck. It was true for the lord of the rings

I disagree.

The lord of the rings movies owned the books. They could have cut it down to two movies instead of three though, since large parts of the second movie was slow and boring. And they should have taken away the stupid comedian dwarf, he might be fun in the books, but had nothing to do in the movies imho.

This may have already been mentioned here by someone, but I've yet to see anyone say it: the IMDB description lists numerous cast members.

We already knew about Karl Urban, Rosamund Pike and the Rock, but we previously only knew the name of Urban's character, "John Grimm". It seems Pike will be playing "Samantha" and the Rock will be - yes! - "Sarge".

None of the other actors are big names, but most of them are people you may have seen around in various minor roles. At least seven of the actors are British*, which should bump up the general acting quality up a notch :P.

Ben Daniels is certainly an interesting choice for the film, though I don't think I'll be able to look at him without being constantly reminded of his Cutting It role ;). Though something tells me I'll be reminded of something else every time I hear the name of his character: "Goat" O_o

* and yes, most of them have appeared in Casualty, Holby City or the Bill at one time :P.

Horace, star of such ancient ZX Spectrum games as Hungry Horace and Horace Goes Skiing :).

I just dont get how they are alowed to produce a movie, say its based on a game, but its not based on a game, its based on some one elses idea (and that includes another game [RE2]) But thats jsut me.

I just hope it dosent become a case of what one belives another belives because he thinks its true or fears it to be true, and then if that happens if they do do that, then it will probably become true. whitch will suck, so i say you should take some sort of action But thats just me.

Tell me if what i am saying is wrong, unjustyed or anything atall.

But please dont "flame" me if what ever i say is offencive.

And yes i probably sound like an idiot. But w/e

~Macro11_1

This is worst than the Super Mario Bros. Movie

Why do directors need to make the movies based in games.. uh.. based in something else and only put the name of the game as the title?

If this is true (hopefully not), they deserve to loose a lot of money with this, and may be get raped by an imp.

If they telling the truth... this is going to be a MAJOR rip-off of Resident Evil.

Somehow I doubt that they're actually going to do this.. I mean, Hollywood is dumb, but not THAT dumb.

It's the Inquirer, I don't know how much I'd trust it. I don't know how much I'd trust the movie to be good either. We'll just see. I did skim through an interview with the screenwriter, apparently the references to the demons coming from hell are going to be tone down, but he tried to keep alot of the monsters in it, as well as the BFG. I guess we'll find out more as time goes on.

In other news, I see that doomworld has an entry on wikipedia. So that's cool.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419706/ :
In the year 2145, a group of Marines on Phobos, the moon of Mars, face off against monsters who infiltrate their base after an experiment goes seriously awry.

Soo, nothing with placing it on earth, no SWAT soldiers and no virus.
I say this is just a bad joke, as this just sounds too Resident Evil.

So Long, The Werelion!

Gullible people on an internet message board get pwned by a lie/joke yet again. What a suprise :P.

Meh. I'll hold off judgement until the movie's actually out. Considering how successful movies based on video games have been though, I'm not holding my breath. On the other hand, I *did* enjoy both Tomb Raider movies and Resident Evil. The Wing Commander movie wasn't that bad either.

Oh. BTW, the Lord of the Rings movies rocked.

Aw.. I got excited for a second.. I thought the title read "Action Doom Movie News!!" for a second there..

AgentSpork said:

Aw.. I got excited for a second.. I thought the title read "Action Doom Movie News!!" for a second there..

Holy shit, that would be sweet. Almost like a "Super COntra: The Movie"

Arguably the IMDB info for any movie still under production is liable to be even less reliable than The Inq, because any registered member can fill in any information they like and without repercussion.

I'm going into denial and hoping this is all bullshit.

What we have is fucking Resident Evil 3: Outerspace Infection or some shit like that. God. What a fucking rip. I find it hard to believe Id would let them do that. It's fucking sickening.

Okay, I get that whoever's in charge wants to make money, and doesn't care about anything else, but I don't understand what would make them think that making these alterations would get them money. What's the logic there? "Hey, you know, I always thought Doom would have been really cool if it had been like this instead." Or, "People don't really like the whole 'Hell' thing in Doom. Maybe if it was a mutant virus instead, people'd think that was much cooler." Is that how they operate? Seriously. Granted, this whole thing could be a hoax, but after the Super Mario Bros. movie (which I STILL don't get to this day), I'm willing to believe anything. Jesus, isn't demons from Hell overrunning an installation on Mars a good enough story? I just really can't think of why someone wouldn't want to stay with that.

Sounds like the plot for the original Dawn Of The Dead...

...only in its case, the virus part was only a guess, but not necessarily the reason the dead were coming back to life.

Anyhow the Rock is in it, I already know it is going to suck.

I'd rather Clive Barker take over this project, someone...

Congrats Melfice, you just posted the post with postid 500000. ^^ It's not the 500000th post according to vb's stats, but still, a nice milestone. ^^

Schneelocke said:

Congrats Melfice, you just posted the post with postid 500000. ^^ It's not the 500000th post according to vb's stats, but still, a nice milestone. ^^

Woah didn't notice that, awesome :D

I don't think The Rock would be that big of a deal or suckage-factor since he's not playing the lead roll. I think him acting would be helped a LOT if people weren't so used to knowing him as coming from a pro wrestling background.

The Czech page is obviously a fun page. Or something like this.
I don't believe that someone - even a Hollywood guy - could damage the film such a lot. It wouldn't be DooM anymore.

I just wonder why there are so many people still trying after the flops.
Mean: make films from games and games from films. E.g. EA (hate them!) is doing some LOTR pissoff and I hope it'll fail (but there are always newbies that don't know how crappy this all is and the believe the lies... waaah), Lara Croft film flopped - I didn't even like the game that was more successful, Wing Commander film flopped even more, ... the only one that didn't flop was X-Wing or Tie Fighter that was made from StarWars. But today these portations just flop cause people just don't meet the expections, they got more money than ever before, but all they produce is crap.

Cacodemon said:

[...] Wing Commander film flopped even more, [...]

May i hit you?!?
Everything else, ok.
But Wing Commander was a very good film!

But for another argue... i put into that Dungeon and Dragon (the movie) is a very bad reproduction of the game, and if this realy happend on someones table then the GM stinks >_< !

No, you may not. :)
Maybe it was a nice one in your opinion, but still it didn't produce the marketing results as expected by all those fat money manager folks.
Well, I know it's always a matter of personal view. I also like a lot of films (zombie stuff mainly) that aren't commercially successfull. Look at Cabin fever. Imo it was a great one, but my buddy and me and 2 persons (1 visitor, 1 ice seller from the cinema) had been the only ones in the whole cinema to watch that one. They stopped showing the film after a week...

And yes, D&D was nearly trashy enough to be fun again. Esp. the beholder, LOL!

Holy crap, people are still ranting about this even after we've already pointed out that it's almost certainly a lie? This is starting to go beyond gullibility.

I mean, this so obviously isn't true, it isn't even funny...

Don't feel bad, I'm sure the article will be officially proven wrong eventually... right? ;)

BTW, from someone who can actually read the article:

<Radeg> stx-Vile > yeah Vile, it's a reliable source, it's written by Frantisek Fuka, who is kind of game/scifi guru here, he's around 35, but he's done lot of things yet, inluding making official subtitles for Star Wars series and many other movies..he's also founded one czech game magazine 10 years ago, etc...
<Radeg> I read that article some time ago, yeah
<stx-Vile> the article has apparently been refuted simply because of those pics
<Radeg> he's just making fun, but the story is true
<stx-Vile> guess this was a win lose situation
<Radeg> also noviny.cz is a realiable source, it's owned by one of the most selling newspaper in Cze

For everyone who keeps saying it's a lie just promise to give the inquirer more credit when it turns out to be accurate, ok?

Yeesh. Saying they lie doesn't make sense when they're right 95% (out of ass statistic) of the time.

NiGHTMARE said:

Holy crap, people are still ranting about this even after we've already pointed out that it's almost certainly a lie? This is starting to go beyond gullibility.

I mean, this so obviously isn't true, it isn't even funny...

You just don't get it do ya?

People enjoy to bitch - and they'll take any opportunity to bitch, even if it's at a bunch of obviously fake rumours. Besides, it's Hollywood - even though these news are fake, the actual movie could easily turn out to be as bad as these fake news suggest or worse.