Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

"Wolfenstein Christmas"

Some years ago, I came across a "Christmas version" of Wolfenstein 3D, for the German market: Every Nazi imagery (swastikas, SS officers) were replaced by snowmen, candy, christmas trees, etc.

But I only had the shareware version and have been looking for the full version for years - in vain!

Does everyone know, if there was ever a full version?

Are you sure the full version was a retail product? I've never heard of any Wolf 3d mods being sold. Most mods for Wolf 3d only change everything in the first episode because the entire first episode was shareware to begin with (Although I don't think that's entirely legal either). Did the mod include all 6 episodes but only the first one was edited?

Wait, your asking for warez? ...Uh the link I posted up was just a site to Wolfenstein 3d Dome. That place has an archive filled with Wolf3d/Spear of Destiny mods.

It doesn't appear that he's asking for warez. Simply asking if anyone knows if this thing was released as a full version or not. Although I am a little confused as to what it actually is. Was it a stand alone game, or was it a mod that required the original wolfenstein to play it? If it was the entire wolfenstein, but with christmas stuff, I'm sure Id would be interested in it (well, maybe they would've been 12 years ago).

Sephiroth said:

if you played ROTT during the holidays it did some rather interesting things.

Indeed, the particulars of which are summarized here in the Happy Holidays section:

http://www.classicgaming.com/rott/fun/

The new midi that plays on Christmas day is this one:

http://www.classicgaming.com/rott/gallery/DEADLY.MID

When I played the game recently, I moved the time forward to Dec. 25 to try that one but forgot to change it back... 2005 came early for a little while...

Quite a few easter eggs in rott I see. Although I have to question the one about the hand flipping you off. It says that it's impossible to see in game, but I saw it plenty of times. Although I only had the shareware version, so that may have something to do with it. I still need to find ROTT somewhere though, it was a pretty enjoyable game, if only for the massive carnage.

Jello said:

It says that it's impossible to see in game, but I saw it plenty of times.

If you look at the ROTT data files in a program like XWE and search for the gib armed, it actually IS flicking you off, so it's not impossible to see so much as it is near impossible to take a picture of it since it went by so fast, atleast that's what I think. :) I mean, I've seen it before too, so I think it was an exaggeration when the guy said it was impossible. I still think ROTT is the ultimate game when it comes to absolutely off-the-wall easter eggs and undocumented futures. I wouldn't be surprised if it had the most, either.

Duke Nukem 3D had a whole assload of them too. Man, now I want to play ROTT again.

This reminds me of a Jazz Jackrabbit Christmas version. It was at the computer show downtown and it was only for $1. I figured it was a pretty weird and rare thing but I didn't get it. I did get the original Jazz Jackrabbit, as well as Duke Nukem 1, 2, and Wolfenstein 3D. Then I got home and they all turned out to be shareware versions. What a waste of $4. :P

rott is great. i had few complaints about that wonderful game. even if the engine was a bit dated for the times it was fun as hell to play.

as for the bird i dont know why it would be impossible to see. to get a screenshot yea it is difficult. however in play it was one of the first things i noticed.

the game seems like such a forgotten title among doom, duke3d and quake.

They were selling the original full version of Duke Nukem at the store for $2 once. This freaked me out so much that I almost bought it despite the fact that I already owned a legal copy via DN3D.

Man, now I really want to play ROTT multiplayer. Hmm, now if I could only figure out how to get multi to work on XP. :P

S1lent said:

Hehe, that's a pretty cool song. Are there any other songs from ROTT or other games that sound like that and have Christmas songs? :-D

Serious Sam SE has a remix of Jingle Bells playing during one segment of the second-to-last level, Land of The Damned.

http://www.croteam.com/publictest/santasam.mp3

Note: the start of the song is changed a bit in this mp3 download. The segment that actually plays during the game starts shortly after Sam says "hey!"

Well, I remember that it came with a text file, saying, that it was from id Software themselves for the German market. I will see if I can find the disc and then post some screenshots and the text file.

Sephiroth said:

if you played ROTT during the holidays it did some rather interesting things.

Where can I find a copy of ROTT! That was a 3d realms game right?

Deathmatcher said:

Some years ago, I came across a "Christmas version" of Wolfenstein 3D, for the German market: Every Nazi imagery (swastikas, SS officers) were replaced by snowmen, candy, christmas trees, etc.

But I only had the shareware version and have been looking for the full version for years - in vain!

Does everyone know, if there was ever a full version?

I believe that what you're talking about can be found exactly here: http://www.belowe.com/links2.htm

****EDIT: Oh, crap...That is for the shareware version...sorry :(