Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Johnatone

MegaWad Project

I'm looking for a little extra help with my project. Right now I only have the hub designed (the other levels are still on paper at the moment). I'm not so much looking for mappers at the moment as I am scripters. Mainly, I need help learning, but also some additional work would be cool.

It's not that I can't look it up myself, it's that I can quite get it by following tutorials [on sites such as ZDoom wiki]. For instance, in the part I have avaliable to download, you'll notice where the sliding door should be. I can't get it to work. Ever.

The file is avaliable here.
http://www.freewebs.com/outerdarkness/doom.htm

It contains the wad with the hub and the text file that explains what I'm doing. It's for Skulltag, and is looking to be a four episode megawad. Check it out and relay some input if you have time. I'd really appriciate it.

Note: Bold text is updated. I'd forgotten to add that.

As far as mapping goes, its actually pretty easy to learn. Download DoomBuilder and look up a tutorial. I think you'll be suprised.

Also, somebody here isn't going to read this post and post it anyway, but, you should really provide some sort of example of your work before asking for help.

Dittohead said:

As far as mapping goes, its actually pretty easy to learn. Download DoomBuilder and look up a tutorial. I think you'll be suprised.

I use DoomBuilder. The tutorials don't do it for me, as I've already tried. Thus why I can't get the sliding door to work, and why it took me six months before I realized, 'Oh, that's how you make slopes!'

Also, somebody here isn't going to read this post and post it anyway, but, you should really provide some sort of example of your work before asking for help.

True, true. I'll do some mad mapping for a while and update the file on my site with a few more levels.