Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

Hi-Res TITLEPIC possible with ZDoom?

I would like to put a hi-res TITLEPIC in my wad. I read somewhere, that this is supposed to be possible with ZDoom.

However, everytime I try to include an image bigger than 320x200 (the original size of TITLEPIC) with WinTex, WinTex tells me "bad image size" or something. :(

The answer: don't use Wintex. Wintex has hard limits on everything, so you can expect it to refuse to do anything Vanilla Doom can't handle.

If You want to keep the best colors with Your Hi-Res Titlepic go into PSP and apply Doom's pallette with "error diffusion". This would result a smallish image in bad colors, but not a hi-res pic. Try it to see what I mean.

Nmn said:

If You want to keep the best colors with Your Hi-Res Titlepic go into PSP and apply Doom's pallette with "error diffusion".

I dunno. By doing this, it..somehow...gets both, better and worth at the same time. What I mean is, some parts of the image that used to appear very lurid in ZDoom, look better now. On the other hand, the overall appearance looks worse.

What exactly does error diffusion in this regard?

If the images looks "grainy", it's dithered the colors to give the illusion of more; this looks quite bad sometimes.