Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

Happy 11th Birthday, DOOM

As a European, I have the honor to celebrate DOOM's birthday as one of the first - it's Dec. 10th here, now!

To me, DOOM's 11th year said goodbye to Doom95, and inaugurated ZDoom - I am using it as both, a gamer and a developer. First the MAPINFO lump (great!) and now I discovered the powerful ACS. :)

Anyway; DOOM, I wish you a great time and..live long and prosper. *g*

Oh glory, it's 11 years old and it's STILL around. Goodness, this thing is like gum on the underside of table: it nevers comes off.

*wipes tear away from eye* i can still remember when we brought the little guy home from the hospital *sniff*

With a bit of luck, this game's still going strong on its 20th birthday.

Happy spawnday ol' buddy, may you continue to flourish and give me many hours of enjoyment!

Cool piccies on Romero's site :-D

Deathmatcher said:

It's the 11th :-)

I meant 10th as in the date. As it was the 9th when I said it, my mind was jumbled, I meant to say that it was the 10th and happy birthday Doom. Oh well.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I meant 10th as in the date. As it was the 9th when I said it, my mind was jumbled, I meant to say that it was the 10th and happy birthday Doom. Oh well.

oh..ok :-)

Deathmatcher said:

As a European, I have the honor to celebrate DOOM's birthday as one of the first - it's Dec. 10th here, now!

Pfft, GMT+0/1/2/whatever timezones Russia is in is paltry compared to GMT+10.

11 years. Amazing. I still find classic doom to be one of the best games ever.

The legacy of Doom shall live on. In the face of 14 year olds complaining about graphics, in the face of stereotypical mormons attempting to strip people from this wonderful game, in the face of condescending Marathoners... The legacy shall live, in all its pixelated glory.

Columbine said:

11 years. Amazing. I still find classic doom to be one of the best games ever.

The legacy of Doom shall live on. In the face of 14 year olds complaining about graphics, in the face of stereotypical mormons attempting to strip people from this wonderful game, in the face of condescending Marathoners... The legacy shall live, in all its pixelated glory.

A lot of 14 year olds play this game..

And Sandy Petersen was a mormon..

insertwackynamehere said:

A lot of 14 year olds play this game..

And Sandy Peterson was a mormon..

Petersen. ^^ Anyhow, probably not a stereotypical one, then.