Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

Willy Wonka

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1313539&sdm=web&qtw=480&qth=300

New trailer. I'm kind of put off by how the whole atmosphere smacks of perversion... but maybe that's what Burton is going for. Or maybe that brand of weirdness really was in the original movie, and I didn't quite catch on to it.

Nevertheless, Depp looks kind of... faggy? More scarily asexual, maybe. A cross between a child molester and a eunuch, if that's possible.

I'll probably go see it anyway.

It looks fine, but I think they should have put a more.... masculine person to play the role of Willy Wonka. The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that guy was "Wow, they're putting Michael Jackson in the new Wonka movie..." But then I realized he had a nose. But still, they should have picked someone similar to the old Willy Wonka, he was cool. He was great in Young Frankenstein too :)

noooo... If the is one man who'd do a good Wonker, (other then Gene Wilder) it'd be Johnny Depp. but I do admit, they might of made him a little too pasty. He's going to frighten children (but so did the Oompa Loompas).

Everything looks great, though Depp's performance is a little weird. But hey, it's a Tim Burton movie - I'll see it first, then decide wether I like it or not.

I actually didn't mind Planet of The Apes-- the ending was a little contrived, though. Come to think of it, I like a good deal of Burton's stuff. This is a leap of faith, though.

P.S. Why did you bother making a link? Building up suspense for that big payoff? OMG PLANET OF APES LOLOLLOLL TIMING!

Yay!

<3 Johnny Depp
<3 Tim Burton
<3 Roald Dahl

Of course, Gene Wilder was awesome in the original movie, but if anyone these days could possibly outdue him it would be Johnny Depp.

If there ever was a setting/story that was ideal for the creative visions of Tim Burton, then it would be Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

Oompa, loompa, doompa-di-doo ...

i hate the whole idea of remakes. ugh. seem it all before. big deal if this movie is all Burtonified- just a mask to cover the same stuff. The original is classic enough already.

and yeah, the world did not need his Planet of the Apes. The money that went into that movie could've been used to aid kids in some piss poor third world country or su'm.

Danarchy said:
Of course, Gene Wilder was awesome in the original movie, but if anyone these days could possibly outdue him it would be Johnny Depp.

Exactly.

holy crap the made depp look like a naturally white michael jackson.

Man i wish i had a time machine and could make gene wylder young again.

GooberMan said:

Despite the fact that he is a cool director, just hold up for a second and remember what happened the last time Tim Burton did a remake...

it's not a remake, Tim Burton claimed he didn't even like the older movie at all.

IMO Johnny Depp is too young to play Willy Wonka. The whole reason for the factory to let those retarded kids in there is to find a replacement for Willy as he is old. I think that Martin Short probably would do a great job at doing Willy Wonka.

I must admit, I never knew that this already had been made into a movie.. I have seen it on TV many times as read by a really famous actor here in sweden with some great drawings to make up for the lack of images. One of my greatest childhood memories.

I'm gonna go and get hold of the original with Gene Wilder. I love that guy.

Ayu said:

it's not a remake, Tim Burton claimed he didn't even like the older movie at all.

Spank my ass... what!? Didn't like the original!?

Numbermind said:

I'm kind of put off by how the whole atmosphere smacks of perversion... but maybe that's what Burton is going for. Or maybe that brand of weirdness really was in the original movie, and I didn't quite catch on to it.

Nevertheless, Depp looks kind of... faggy? More scarily asexual, maybe. A cross between a child molester and a eunuch, if that's possible.

Personally, I think that actually kinda goes along with Roald Dahl... His writing does tend to be of a disturbing nature... Just based on his style of writing, I definitely like the disturbingness of the new movie. Granted, I did quite enjoy how disturbing the original was, too. I'm definitely looking forward to it, even though it still has potential to suck.