Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epistax

Doom Movie Info

Amaster said:

This is a fine opportunity for inexperienced actors to break into the big time.

If by 'big time' you mean big floating turd then I'd agree with you.

Crappy movie or not it'll still pull in a large ammount of money. As long as the actors play their roles well then that's all that really matters for them.

Another Hollywood producer is using a widely popular title to promote their crappy movie so that people THINK they're going to see something cool. Hrmm.. where have I seen this before.

In the 50/60's it wasn't uncommon for actors appearing in bad scifis to commit suicide. That's right, your favorite MST3K episode has blood on its hands.

Actually I think the whole thing is pretty funny.

Well, i've just caught whiff of this news. Personally i think this movie will suck.

Dammit why can't these hollywood guys listen to us for once? (Don't answer that)

This film isn't being made by Hollywood. It's being shot in Prague, with a mostly British cast and European crew.

For heavens sake, You people are so stupid.

How do you know it's going to be bad? How do you know that news was real? Maybe it will make a decent film?

If someone says something on the internet, then at least 95% of the people who read it will believe it... no matter how utterly ridiculous or obviously untrue it is.

Unconscious said:

;) I've been on the internet since 1994... ;)

And you're still just realising how stupid people are?

Unconscious said:

For heavens sake, You people are so stupid.

How do you know it's going to be bad? How do you know that news was real? Maybe it will make a decent film?

I don't think it's so much of a case of people knowing the film will be bad as it is of people estimating it's success based on the evidence that a majority movies of games have generally have failed, let alone be favourites of their intended fans. And in this case if they've changed so much of the concept that fans have grown to love, its no surprise that fans will lose faith in the outcome. Can't blame them.

If it turns out good i'll take it back, but as of now i'm not keeping my hopes up.

I mean, this is Doom, THE granddaddy of all games, resident evil was just some random not-so-classic game.

They better do doom justice, but, it doesn't seem so good as I have heard that Doom wil be a PG 13.

Why would they deliberately try to make the film a PG-13 when the game itself has a higher rating? I don't think this is very likely to be true.

ROFL, I just noticed that a couple of other characters have been added to the IMDB list - including "Dr Carmack" ;). I guess "Jenna Willits" may not be a co-incidence either.

NiGHTMARE said:

Why would they deliberately try to make the film a PG-13 when the game itself has a higher rating? I don't think this is very likely to be true.

Greed. Cater to younger generation. Younger generation estimated large target group. Must...earn...moneeeeyyyyyyhhh.

Bah, I would rather sneak into a 15 (Which is possibly, by my build, and my physically maturity, heh.) Than go see a crappy PG film.

IF THIS IS TRUE AND THE MOVIE IS GOING TO BE ABOUT MARINES STRANDED ON SOME PLANET AND MONSTERS NOT FROM HELL AND PINKY BEING A BITCH IN A WHEELCHAIR THEN I HOPE EVERYONE BOYCOTS IT AND IF ID APPROVED OF THIS ATTROCITY OF A MOVIE (IF ITS PG-13) I HOPE THEY LOSE MONEY. Why not be loyal to the fans and make it like Doom or doom3 but with some surprise ---my opinion you dont have to agree with it .

ALSO my opinion HOLLYWOOD SUX if they havent overkilled a good franchise they are remaking classics that dont need to be remade or making shitty renditions of video game movies what the hell happened to the hollywood of the 70s , 80s and early 90s.

Ya, I don't get that... The amount of Doom fans who will see this movie will probably outweigh the non-Doom fans who see this movie at least 3-fold.

As I already pointed out, this isn't a Hollywood movie. It might be funded and distributed by Universal, but almost everything else about it is European.

NiGHTMARE said:

As I already pointed out, this isn't a Hollywood movie. It might be funded and distributed by Universal, but almost everything else about it is European.

Yeah, but I thought it was a joke, because some of the last official stuff I heard about it was that it was being made by Warner Bros.

Unconscious said:

Isn't Bruce getting a bit old for movies? Heh.

How the hell have you escaped your title being "Moron" this far? To answer your question, no. There's alot older people acting than Bruce, and besides, alot of the older actors are the best actors of all time because they've been doing it as long as they have.

Alt Ctrl Delete said:

capslock aggressor.

You might refrain from typing half of your post in all caps, it's really fucking annoying.

Because let's be honest here: as far as a completely immersive and cinematic experience, we were never going to top Doom 3 anyway, and we all knew that.

HAHAHAHA!!!