Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ljdemon

Classic Doom demons to Doom3

Does anyone else wish that the Doom demons had the same basic look as they did in previous Doom Games? Not literally, just the same look with the new engine?

I always thought that they DID have the same basic design as in the original dooms. but of course thats just me.

Someone released some skins for the monsters to make them look more like the old ones. You can probably find them linked at PlanetDOOM or something.

I've hoped id would've done that from the getgo. Or at least showed us a demostration of the all the original monsters JUST to see how'd they appear on the new DOOM3 engine. At least the "ArchVile" and "Revenant" looks were most closest to their original 2D sprite designs. Everyone else were given complete makeovers or were outsted for new monsters entirely.

Oh well, Whats done is done.

I remember someone here made a couple of monsters with the classic doom skins.It was the Mancubus,Imp and Knight.

I made some classic color skins (Which incidentally I've updated since the last time I posted these here [/pimp]), but if you're talking about custom models then nothing has been released so far. The Hell On Earth mod looks like it will do something with models, though (Not the exact same designs but in spirit :P).

Revenant100 said:

I made some classic color skins (Which incidentally I've updated since the last time I posted these here [/pimp]), but if you're talking about custom models then nothing has been released so far. The Hell On Earth mod looks like it will do something with models, though (Not the exact same designs but in spirit :P).

Revenant those are some very good skins. You did a great job on them (downloading them now). You should try modelling too :) Make some DoomWorld exclusive Doom Demon models for us :)

I do wish that Doom 3 would have ADDED demons to Doom 3 instead of trade them. I was kind hoping to see what the Pain Elemental and Baron of Hell would look like (if it got a new look). I was a little dissapointed in that way. I'm still a little disappointed in that they aren't adding them in RoE either... oh well. I really hope the HoE mod does what iD didn't. As for the looks, ya, I'd like to see the enemies look like the old monsters with a little D3 magic :)