Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Ugh...Spike TV Video Game Awards show

I'm watching the Spike TV Video Game Awards show and I'm not sure if it could possibly be more annoying than it already is. The stupid hosts, crappy music guests (wtf is up with all the bleeps for curse word-laden lyrics?) and seemingly imbalanced verdicts are more than I can swallow.

It's tough to tell if it's geared more toward lonely nerds or hip hop frat boy wannabees.

I watched it on and off.. and it was only for the videos (that I didn't feel like downloading).

I had forgotten about that thing until I went onto IGN's Metal Gear Solid boards. So yeah, guess which game's going to win this year's Game of the Year Award? It won't be MGS3, that's for sure... It's gonna be either GTA:SA or Halo 2. Hell, I bet most of the awards are going to be going to Halo 2 or GTA:SA.

God I hate Spike TV's Video Game Awards. Who here remembers the disaster from last year?

Also, G-phoria was horrific. Although, I'd honestly have to say that it was actually better than Spike TV's award show. Then again, that's not really saying much. There was still alot of stuff from that show that was stupid and even, disturbing.

shudders while remembering seeing Anna Nicole Smith cosplaying...

This video game awards thing is just fucking stupid. What the hell are they trying to do, makea rap concert out of this. I'm disappointed at Spike Tv and will not watch the video game awards next year or the year after and the year after that and ok I'll stop now.

It sucks and oh hell no! Chronoicles of Riddick wins best game based on the movie. SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW!

So faggy. Madden 2005 wins the sports category when ESPN2K5 was way the fuck better.

Heh, Madden says, "Wait till you see Madden 2006, it'll be way better."

Translation: updated rosters.

I was gonna watch it but I forgot.I was playing Duke Nukem 3d.If its really sucks as much as you guys say it does then thank god I didnt waste my time watching it.

Bloodskull said:

Chronoicles of Riddick wins best game based on the movie. SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW!

TCOR was awesome.It was the only good movie based game out this year[asides from Spiderman 2]

Ya, I've read a lot of good reviews on that game. I was thinking about renting it for XBOX.

S1lent said:

Ya, I've read a lot of good reviews on that game. I was thinking about renting it for XBOX.

It's atleast worth a rental, that's for sure. I wouldn't mind owning the PC version, myself.

Don't rent Chronicles, buy it! Beat it in 8 hours and I still go back for more. Spiderman 2 was really good but it did get boring kinda fast, it's cloese to a GTA Family edition or something.

Why did I not bother to watch it?

Because not only was it a disaster last year, but the game choices they chose were utter crap.

Danarchy said:

Why did you watch it if it sucked so much?

I only watched part of it and got sick of it.

I hate Spike TV. It wasn't worth watching. They are COMPLETELY biased toward Halo 2. The awards went something like this:

Best Female In a Game: Cortana Halo 2

Best MMORPG: Halo 2

Best RTS: Halo 2

*Snoop Dogg self promotion*

Best First Person Shooter: Halo 2

Best Party Game: Halo 2

Best Cart Racer: Halo 2

Best Story: Halo 2

Best Voice Acting: Halo 2

Best Guy in A green Suit: Halo 2

*Crappy Rap Song*

Most Addicting Game: Halo 2

Best Flight-Sim: Halo 2

Best Racing Game: Halo 2

Most Overrated Game: Halo 2

*Ludacris and Snoop Dogg make out*

Best Fighting Game: Halo 2

Best Soundtrack: Halo 2

Game Of the Year: Halo 2

I watched spike only for most extreme elimination challenge but I dont even know when it's on any more.

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
I hate Spike TV. It wasn't worth watching. They are COMPLETELY biased toward Halo 2. The awards went something like this:

*insert long list of awards Halo 2 got from Spike TV*

Wow, That is really stupid.I'll remember NOT to watch next years Video game awards.

Crack in the Box said:

Oh, that's a fair fight. Just let the concencus opinion control how we all live. What is this, high school?

Seconded

S1lent said:

I played a demo of it and it was awesome despite its steep learning curve.Definitly worth renting if not buying.

Infinite Ammunition said:

EXCEPT COMEDY CENTRAL DOSEN'T SHOW JAMES BOND MOVIES EVERY CHANCE THEY GET NOW DO THEY?!

No, but they do show Cheech & Chong movies followed by Half Baked every chance they get.

I watch Spike TV only for the Bond Movies and the one show they got on there (the name slips my mind) where they have a series of home videos with some cool stunts and happenings. I think it's called Reality-Ex or something... I'm not sure and I don't even watch those unless nothing else on TV is good on. Other than that, Spike TV is a complete waist of cable broadcasting.

Spike TV has Star Trek, but because of my timezone it's on too early for me to want to watch it. But they sometimes have good stuff. I don't mind the car shows, but Speed channel has better car stuff.

Infinite Ammunition said:

EXCEPT COMEDY CENTRAL DOSEN'T SHOW JAMES BOND MOVIES EVERY CHANCE THEY GET NOW DO THEY?!

WHAT YOU DON'T OWN A BOND BOX SET OR SOMETHING YET? FOR SHAME.