Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
david hughes

Final Doom - Im stuck!- help

Im in "Final Doom" " Evilution" level 31 Pharaoh. I've killed everything and I've "tapped" every possible wall in the place. I can't find any colored keys and I can't get any farther. And since everything is dead, Im just rooming around forever - HELP! Does anyone know? This is the level with Egyption walls etc and 2 rows of spider monsters - someone please help ? - thanks

There is a key that the developers forgot to put in, thus preventing you to go any further.

There's a fix for that here

too slow >:(

This make one think that they didn't tested the full game at the last moment before start shiping (the key is in the map, but it has a multiplayer only flag).

When something like this happen (like in Eternal DOOM), I go to an editor and check what the hell is wrong, some times can ruin the surprise, but the most boring part of DOOM/2 is roam in rooms with no monsters looking for a hidden switch or key in a way that just annoy the player.

Is it wise to just open TNT.wad in WADAuthor and manually fix the bug from in there, or does this mess up the IWAD?

There are some other errors in that map that the patch fixes, so it is best to use the patch.

See the post by Ty Halderman here. This also explains that it wasn't TeamTNT's fault that Final Doom was released with this bug.

BTW, it is possible to exit the map even without the patch.