• Shooters all the way!
    • Nothing beats an RPG!
    • Sports player!
    • Leadfoot Racer!
    • Can`t pass up Action/Adventure!
    • Fighting games! SHORYUKEN!
    • Strategy, real-time or turn based!
    • ALL OF THEM!

I've grown quite accustomed to Shooters so that gets my vote.

I like to have a bit of variation in my gaming though from time to time.

I guess shooters. But I like it even more when certain elements from other genres get mixed up with shooters. So basically you have a game in which shooting isn't the soup du jour per se. I like lots of freedom too. Stalker will probably be something I'll really like.

I miss adventure games... they don't make them anymore :-( Next up comes shooting, old school side scrolling, and fighting.

I'll play almost anything - I won't touch most sports games (aside from Tony Hawk) and I don't like racing games much either (aside from the F-Zero games). I'm not very good at RTS games, I've always preferred turn-based. And I do also enjoy fighting games.

I enjoy some sport games. NBA Street Vol2 comes to mind. I also like those 'Age Of' games, but Shooters just rock.

While I certainly play alot of FPS games, I still prefer fighting games over any others. And not 3D ones. They've gotta be 2D for them not to suck ass in my eyes (exceptions are Soul Calibur/Blade and DoA).

Each and every one of them. All are equally fun. All are equally challenging. All are equally good for you. All have their attributes, and they are damn good (well, some anyway).

I've always wondered why people always say that puzzle games and strategy games are the only games that require you to use your brain. This isn't true.

Games like Doom and NBA require quick thinking and lore whereas games like AOE and Alchemy, though not requiring as quick of thinking require thinking ahead.

I don't care whether it's a first-person-perspective game like DOOM, or a third-person-perspective game like HereticII, or a two-dimensional sidescroller such as Duke Nukem II or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
All that matters is that the game provides me with the opportunity to run amock and wreak some havoc and watch some colorful explosions, without having to struggle with the controls and the hardware settings :)
It's a bit sad that DOOM3 doesn't fit these needs quite accurately.

well i play mostly shooters. however at night i mostly play a bit of final fantasy, resident evil or parasite eve on my play station. usally an hour before i fall asleep.