• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Cube Zero

Trailers
Review

The third movie in the Cube trilogy has been released in Spanish on DVD. The US & UK will get it in February. In my opinion, Cube was THE best horror movie I'd seen in a long time, and judging by the reviews of this third movie, I can tell that it'll make up for any shortcomings in the second.

If anyone hasn't seen Cube, I suggest it. It's a proper horror flick, with enough sense of isolation and uncertainty to keep you from getting sleep. Also, lots of gore(which the third movie promises by the bucketload). The second in the series, Hypercube, wasn't that entertaining-- but there was a lot of cerebral content (not as well-realized as I'd hoped) that you could ponder.

Heh, no wonder I was only able to find it in spanish :P

"Cerebral content"? Seemed more like shoddy pseudo-science to me (yes I know there is such a thing as a hypercube.)

But the first one really is a great movie, and the acting was quite good too. From what I saw of the third movie, it seems like it'll match up, although I felt it was a little too gory.

The whole 'wake up, enter one cube, get killed, enter another cube, get killed, etc, one finally escapes only to get killed' never quite appealed to me.

Enjoyable none the less.

Amaster said:

"Cerebral content"? Seemed more like shoddy pseudo-science to me (yes I know there is such a thing as a hypercube.)

That's what I was talking about. The execution of such a high concept was pretty poor in the movie, but it gives you something to think about. In the movie itself, it seemed like the writers were conflicted: trying to put the premise in the background, but bringing it up way too much. To be honest, I think it's wholly impossible for a satisfactory visualization of extra spacial dimensions.

I passed on Hypercube but this one does indeed look like an improvement and the feedback has been solid.
And being titled Cube: Zero means it won't leave a hole in my movie collection where Hypercube won't be ;)

That's a... creative way of looking at it. Like how most people hope Star Wars III will be good. At least it can sit next to IV-VI.