Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Castlevania

i would like to see friendly monsters!

i am a nice guy, but with a love for heartless head-popping lead-blasting action. that is why i hope there is one friendly monster on every 2 levels of doom 3. but they are hidden well and hard to find. but i hate feeling alone in hell with no allies, and because i like brotherhood, there must be some friendly monsters. but this is hell, and demons know no love or brotherhood. so there must be an agenda for them. like a demon that wants revenge for being locked away...or a demon that wants ammo..but i don't think id software or most of the people here share my vision. to id software, it's probably not worth the time. but i am atleast curious to see if anyone here, or how many here, would like it too. but i may have made my idea more appealing by saying they would only be on every 2 levels and would be hidden and hard to find.

friendly monsters? Sounds like a good mod idea to have monsters that hate other monsters so much that they fight besid you until you die. Probabily better as a mod, it seems a little too diablo II-ish for me.

Change "friendly" for "scared". You know...lot's of small scavengers that flee with just gunfire. Pretty inmersive.

Dead bodies should be full of these.

but i hate feeling alone in hell with no allies

WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S CALLED DOOM, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD?!?!?!

Change "friendly" for "scary".

Don'y you mean "cowardly"? I don't thing little scavenging demons are much scarier than the one who hurl fireballs at you.

but i hate feeling alone in hell with no allies

WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S CALLED DOOM, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD?!?!?!

STOP SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!

i would like to see friendly monsters!

Wussy...

What the fuck? Exactly what the hell kind of logic went behind that idea? This is Doom, for cryin' out loud! Freakin' pussy...

Maybe passive creatures like the light stalks of Half-Life, or the sheep from Hexen 2 would be cool. I'd like to see Hell-cows grazing along the banks of the Styx.

Maybe passive creatures like the light stalks of Half-Life

Light stalks are IMHO the best thing in HL. Without them it would be just another stupid boring game :)

Hmmm... indifferent monsters would be realistic and terrifying, but it would ruin the DOOM idea of you vs the WORLD... but fuck it, its a new game, i think that is a good idea

what about little baby monsters? you could kick em around like a soccer ball, hell you could even pick em up and through them into the lava. Those suckers would rock!

what about little baby monsters? you could kick em around like a soccer ball, hell you could even pick em up and through them into the lava. Those suckers would rock!

Baby monsters? Sounds cool, but IMO the baby headcrabs from Half-Life were damn annoying.

Naaah.. i mean, it would totally ruin that warm cozy

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST; NO!! I'M ALL ALONE!!!!!!!

feeling, ya know? :D

that is why i hope there is one friendly monster on every 2 levels of doom 3. but they are hidden well and hard to find.

In doom2 there is a family of fluffy monsters somewhere hidden in some level, they are drinking tea, but they are really hard to find.

"I would like to see friendly monsters in Doom3."
HEAVENLY HEROD HANDSTANDING ON A POPSICLE-STICK!!!!
What kind are you talking about? You want an Imp that shakes your hand and pats your back instead of slinging Fireballs at you?!?!
You want a Shotguy that plays checkers with you instead of blowing you to Kingdom Come?!?!
HELLO?
ANYONE THERE?!??!!!
It's Doom, for fuck's sake!!!!!

Thanks for hearing shout and scream my true feelings.

that's what monster infighting is for. IMO it would be lame to have a friendly monster do all the work for you while you sit back and relax. With monster infighting you have to set it up, and then you can move on to the next area.

I still think baby monsters would be fun to kick around, even to throw one under a cyb to distract it while you run for a bfg or something.

In my old Chevron's DOOM story, there was a baby bulldog demon.... sure it was blue, but who cares? An interesting concept was that the lil' demon, Kabukiki, stayed with Chevron because of chocolate (not as stupid as it sounds), so adult bulldogs would be more hesitant to attack for fear of harming their young. That's also in theory that bulldogs (along with -some- other demons) are more like animals... and have young....

lil' demon, Kabukiki

Should make a cacodemon and call it Boomshequa.

Hmm, HISSY!