Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madmax

some one make a Duke64 weapoms mod for Zdoom

madmax, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Sure thing. I am perfectly willing to drop everything I'm doing to make a Duke Nukem 64 weapons mod for you. I have nothing better to do with my time.

madmax said:

someone make a Duke64 weapons mod for Zdoom

Do it yourself dumbass.

Troll portion of this post removed... leaving nothing... wow.

Why Duke64 anyway? What about Duke3d?

Duke 64 had a different weapon set than Duke 3D. Instead of the Freezer, Devastator, Chaingun, you had the Grenade Launcher, Plasma Cannon (which could be charged, Doom 3 BFG style), and twin SMG's. In addition, several weapons had special ammo types that could be picked up (the Pistol had more powerful bullets, shotgun should have explosive shells, and rocket launcher could have heat-seeking missiles).

I tried making this myself, but it was impossible to get the weapons completely ripped from the Project64 emu because the status bars are in the way. I tried using a tile ripper, but alas, I don't know how to use it properly (and it's not exactly the kind of thing you just figure out).

CacodemonLeader said:

There's a Plugin for Project64 that automatically dumps images to files.

Where it can be found is unknown to me. It's been too long since I last saw it.

Yeah.. That's how the team that created the (awesome) Doom64 TC got all the sprites and textures. For some reason, though, everything would dump from the rom in little tiny pieces, so you'd have to sit there and look through hundreds and hundreds of chunks of the sprites to piece them all together. Of course, it is easier than pretty much any other way of trying to rip the graphics.

I'd wager that they're just chopped up automatically as some kind of optimisation by the console. Theres another kind of thing like that on the DC that chops up the screen into blocks and renders them individually. Dont ask me to explain the logic behind it though...