Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Various video game news

Gamespot, in its regular rumor mill news, has raised a couple interesting video game news pieces. Some of them include EA (yes, our favorite scrupulous game company) purchasing a 5 year exclusivity to NFL intellectual property. This means that they will have a monopoly on football video games for any console for that period of time. This may involve a price hike for any football games they make, upwards of $60. Another interesting part of the news is a defective PSP bug which, if twisted in a certain way, causes the UMD to shoot in a projectile fashion (and yes, they have a video of it).

DoomDan said:

I've been reading their "Best and worst of 2004".

it's mostly the worst of 2004.

It seems to me that GS Gave too many awards to Chronicles of Riddick:EFBB.Its a good game but not THAT Good.

In other news, Grand Theft Auto 2 is now a free download from their official website. Enjoy.

Numbermind said:

In other news, Grand Theft Auto 2 is now a free download from their official website. Enjoy.

*Me Downloads*

GTA2 Kicks Ass

If only Rockstar's website weren't so overcrowded. I loved GTA2 and I wish I could get it back now.

Isn't there a friggin' mirror someplace? Garrh!

As for the football roster controversy, I think that game companies should focus on making a good sports game rather than worrying about keeping the rosters up to date. I would never buy any sports game with real-life rosters because they'll be immediately obsolete.

If the companies were that bothered about keeping the rosters up-to-date, they'd have regularly updated downloads available on their websites. All they're really concerned with in this regards is raking in as much money as possible from the obsessive fans.

the only sports games i liked where ones not based on reality. even if they really dont fit the picture.
i mean come on as far as racing games go i love mario cart, can't wait for a DS version.
a number of the hockey games are cool, but only play those at a friends home because i don't own a PS2.

the PSP stpry is quite good, great games that fly out. i hope it does good, even though i bought a DS. however not sure what the totaly price will be. i dont know about you but anything over $200 seems a bit too much for me.

3 video game things I hate most, football games, EA (for their lack of quality), and gamespot. Gamespot sold my friend a supposedly refurbished xbox, when it was actually a defective piece of shit. And I bought 2 N64 controllers, one of which only a day or two after I bought it, had its joystick fall off. Damn you Gamespot!!

The only good sports games ever were the Mutant League ones and Base Wars.

Actually, if nothing else, I'm very impressed with sports game, especially in the last 3 years or so. I once walked by my friends in their dorm and notcied they were watching the football game... except they weren't. They were playing Madden on XBox, and I think sports games are realing pushing towards the full emersion. I don't particularly enjoy them, however they are getting very good at recreating a real live football game from your own home controled by you. The Voice acting is so varied, that the problems I used to hear where Madden would say the same thing 5 times in a game is not a problem, it almost sounds like a real Football game being narrated.

Like them or not, Sports games have really made alot of progress... they may be stagnating as of late, but in the past 3 years or so, they have all begun simulating the sport very well.

Yup, running up a wall and doing a Matrix-style backflip over 20 other dudes with a football is very realistic.

Cool == Yes
Realistic == NO

i was at gamestop the other day and i was looking at GBA games. all the ones i saw were used and cost more than the game new from where i work.
some were only like 2 dollars less than new and other cost more.
looking at N64 was comical because good games had high prices, even if there was a million of those games out there. however other rare, and more unkown games, had much lower prices.
like mario cart was $24 but a number of others where $2-$6

Danarchy said:

Base Wars.

When I played that,if a player stopped on 3rd base the game would stop progressing and thus turn into a giant game of catch.

IMO, gamestop is not a bad place to go to get used games. I've gotten good prices for still functioning games. As for hardware? I won't even bother going after something USED. I'm only getting new unused hardware. I can't trust anything else, really.

P.S. Ever notice that square's 'The Bouncer' is still $30 in some places? :) In others the price continues to drop. when it hits about $15, I'm getting it, just to see how much it really sucked. heh.