Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
skadoomer

a doomer form game

NOT CAPTMELLOW! for stealing my precious edgar allan poe face.... *sniffle*

Haha, I'm kidding. I don't give a crap who uses it. If i did I'd put my name on it. (which I will do for the next one i make, btw)

Cool doomers? Ummm, a few.

Maonth
GavinJCD
Dark Fox
Jon (If he counts as a doomer...)

and, best of all...
LIAM THE BARD!!!!!!!!!1111111

Oh hell, i can't believe i forgot Fanatic! This guy put up w/ about 5 or 6 of my newbie_to_EDGE emails before i finally got 3dfloors down. Great guy.

i dont have a problem with anybody on here so i guess there is nobody i really hate...well except that DoOmEr4LiFe...he is a punk

i'd have to say afterglows mom. nobody gives head like she does :)

I hear Aurikan beats her hands down, but I don't use #doom/#doomroom enough to be certain :)

NOT CAPTMELLOW! for stealing my precious edgar allan poe face.... *sniffle*

Haha, I'm kidding. I don't give a crap who uses it. If i did I'd put my name on it. (which I will do for the next one i make, btw)

Well, you know what they say about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery . . .

It was a cool avatar, I didn't know it was taken. As you will notice, I have chosen to circumvent the entire avatar issue.

Yes, Fanatic would top my own list of cool doomers. He has been nothing short of outstanding in all his work here in the community, from his music to his mapping, dehacked work, ddf work, EDGE support work, & just plain hard work. He is hands down the hardest working guy around here.

Wildman would be right up there as well. Very creative, very productive & willing to learn & try new things. He was often the first to do maps for new features/mods. He even made some maps for my own ddf mod, & helped motivate me to put far more into it than I initially had planned.

Fly, I know is a controversial choice, but I worked closely with him in the heyday of the Doombot, & he was cool with me for the most part. He had his rough edges, but I was willing to overlook them & make the effort to get along with him. I respect him for the fact that he accomplished his goals. he made one of the best bots for Doom--continuously developing it until it reached a very good status. then he turned his attention to making a client-server Doom, & AFAIK was the first to accomplish it effectively. Unfortunately, csdoom was embroiled in strife & controversy, & Fly's significant contributions are now sadly overshadowed by these incidents.

Carnevil, who has been cool acqaintance ever since I met him at Doomserv, before he started work on Skulltag. His creativity & dedication reminds me of Fanatic in a way, & he has accomplished a dream in that he has graduated to being a game developer. Good for him!

MTawney has been a cool dm opponent, & I always enjoyed running into him on the dm servers, be they Doomserv or csdoom. He is rather quiet lately. Resurrection seems to have died . . .

Gokuma had a lot of desire for recognition, & a lot of coding work which deserved it. In him I saw most transparently this desire for recognition that drives so many in this community.

Anthony Czerwonka, because of his mapping skill & the fact that I was honored by his consulting me re: bot behavior during the development of BOThered.

Sir Robin, as he & I go way back to the days of logging onto a BBS to dl FIDO mail packets. The Finnish Chong!

This has gotten rather long . . . but these kinds of threads are important to help us remember why we spend so much time doing what we do. We do make some cool friends from all over the world, & concentrating on the good times we have can help get us bear with the more unpleasant stuff we encounter here.

I really liked gokuma's stuff, but I haven't seen him in something like 3 years ... apart from the occassional forum post.

yeah chroz 0wns too