Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deadalus1

Game is way to dark

This may have beed asked b-4 but I couldnt find it. How do you ajust the lighting other that the gamma slider wich is all the way up already. some one told me to use r_gamma but I cant make the console come down.

Thanks inadvance

To bring down the console, simply press ctrl+alt+~. Then try using r_gamma to brighten things up a bit. I personally use a value of 1.4.

at the risk of sounding like a total n00b when i type in 1.4 to increese gamma in the console i get "unknown command" can some please tell me the exact command to type in.

Thanks again

That's correct. You can also find the gamma value in your doom 3 configuration file. It's called DoomConfig.cfg and can be found under in the "base" subdirectory of your main dom 3 directory. Open this file in notepad and do a search for the word "gamma". You'll be presented with a line that says seta r_gamma "1". Change 1 to your desired value.

Alternatively, you can type seta r_gamma 1.4 (or whatever value you'd like to use) into the console to make the change permanent. Typing r_gamma 1.4 without the "seta" will only change your gamma setting for your curent gameplay session.

Finally, entering r_gamma, wihtout any numbers, will tell you what your current gamma setting is.

Heh, I remember playing old Unreal and HL. My monitor was sooo dark that I couldn't ever turn the flashlight (and Unreal's searchlight -- using both at the same time) off or I would be completely blind. Unreal wouldn't allow gamma higher than a certain point, and HL wouldn't really put it into effect on anything but models (didn't do it to textures) until the textures were recached, ie at level change.