Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sporku

An early christmas present

Season's greetings! I come bearing (early) Christmas gifts! No, I didn't buy you that new computer you wanted, or a giant plasma TV, but I bring you something else.. a map! Yes, folks, I've finished a map just in time for the holidays, and well.. Here it is!

I quote the text file:
"Merry christmas everyone! Here's a present from
Agent Spork!

Denial is a single map for Doom 2 which uses
many of zdoom's special features to its
advantage. This map is fairly cramped, so if you
have claustrophobia, you're not going to like
this map. But, if you could care less, this map should be a blast. I spent a couple weeks onthis. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks.
"

Screenshots:

And lastly, you can download the map here:
SP: Denial
Text File

Enjoy! I hope you like your gift from me. As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

I like the zdoom efffects in this one. The vanishing barriers was something I had not seen yet. Not so much the whole 'quakey' method of hitting switch sequences and cutscenes. Also, if it's hidden that's one thing, but this map needs a damn chainsaw!!

Agent Spork said:

This map is fairly cramped, so if you
have claustrophobia, you're not going to like
this map.

I don't have claustrophobia, but you're right, this map plays and is laid out just like those kinds of cramped maps. I don't care for the whole room-hall-room-hall-room-hall progression personally, and I found many of the battles just annoying in that kind of space (Like the tiny room filling with demons after lowering a barrier...uh). But that's me so I had fair warning ;)

Still if it was anyone else who said 'Look I have a cramped zdoom map!' I would have passed it by.

A typically nice Spork map.

My main gripe with it is the same crticism I have for your previous maps. Firstly, they're all too square and symmetrical. Secondly they all seem to follow the same progression, and all rely on ridiculously cramped battles with hellknights/barons with only the standard shotgun/chaingun. I've seen these annoying claustrophobic traps in most of your previous wads, and they're getting a little predictable.

A bit more variety and I think you'd make some pretty awesome maps, both visually and gameplay-wise.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I appreciate them, both good and not so good.

This is my favorite single level ever

Wow, uh.. I didn't think anyone would like it that much, but thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

Firstly, they're all too square and symmetrical

Yeah, and I've been trying to get out of that with this map. For some reason it's really hard to do.. maybe because I'm so used to making stupid symmetrical maps. It's just a bad habbit, I suppose.

all rely on ridiculously cramped battles with hellknights/barons with only the standard shotgun/chaingun

Heh, yeah. Pretty much all of my maps have at least one cramped Hell Knight battle. Maybe I should do something about that. :P

Kick ass level. Cramped as hell, with demons out the ass, which makes battles difficult, but fun as hell reguardless. Great use of ZDoom fetures, great design. Good job, thanks for the Christmas present.

Darkhaven said:

That map definitely does look good. ...too good...

Heh, what makes it look too good to you? I think it looks pretty good myself but it's not even close to the level of detail as, say, RTC-3057.