Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Christmas on Phobos

On this eve of Christmas Eve, kristus and shaviro bring an exciting new project announcement: Doom 3: Phobos. Being created by your friendly neighbors of Team Future, this unofficial expansion is sure to be the greatest thing since sliced bread; either that, or Doom 3 itself.

Well, I'm not about to write a big old narrative about this thing, so here's some info copy and pasted from the site:

The portal was closed. Hell was defeated. Wasn't it?The stricken plains of Mars were only the beginning. Now, the second wave is coming, a hellish onslaught originating from the dimensional gateway hidden within the Martian moon of Phobos. Discover the extent of the UACs plans for teleportation technology, battle against impossible odds to escape the haunted Mars base, and race to reach the secret Phobos Labs, where science has infringed on the dimensional boundaries of the universe.

Phobos is an unofficial sequel for Doom3, following right where it left off. Featuring new enemies, locations, weapons and music, we aim to create a highly immersive and mystical journey throughout the Doom universe. Furthermore Phobos will feature what should really cater to the oldschool doomer's tastes while still staying true to the standards set by Doom3.

Finally we have got the homepage official. Just took us about 3 months. :p

Oh yeah. Merry Christmas to you all.

*Brings out the champagne.

Ok guys, this better be as good as your rep suggests ;-)

Heh, considering how long something like this will probaly take, by the time it comes out, I will have gotten a new computer and probaly just beated DooM3 :P

And MC everyone.

wow awesome. i can't wait for this to be released. really damn nice detail o_O

I even still haven't DooM3, since there was neither time nor money available enough. And I'm a little scared since it seems to have folks involved that are into 3057, I hope they won't let 3057 fall down for the DooM3 stuff.

Cacodemon said:

I hope they won't let 3057 fall down for the DooM3 stuff.

Nope, 3057 ain't going anywhere.

Also, this new project looks very good!

Team Future has some team members who are committed to RTC-3057, but are uninvolved with Phobos (i.e. me and DSM - at least I assume DSM isn't involved, since he's not mentioned on the team page ;)).

NiGHTMARE said:

Team Future has some team members who are committed to RTC-3057, but are uninvolved with Phobos (i.e. me and DSM - at least I assume DSM isn't involved, since he's not mentioned on the team page ;)).

And me!

Oh yes, how could I forget? :P There's Cyb too, though I don't know whether he's still active or not in regards to RTC.

Also, isn't Lu-Wang's Raynor's Tale TC considered a Team Future project as well?

I'm glad you like what you see so far :)
The mapping is going pretty smooth. Seems to me Doom3 is an easy game to map for, the "only" problem is creating a good and computer-friendly lighting setup. Be sure to register on our forums and contribute to the talk/teamtalk going on over there.

NiGHTMARE said:

Also, isn't Lu-Wang's Raynor's Tale TC considered a Team Future project as well?

Kinda, but that project is pretty much on hold, afaik.
Oh btw, about RTC, are you coming on IRC? There's a matter to discuss.