Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightFox

looking for someone related to the Doom64 TC crew

i was hopping to find someone related to the Doom64 TC for DoomII. i wanted to inform him of a few errors, that i've been incountering. and also a few map blunders. IE the second exit on map # 04 fails to work, that second exit is supost to lead you to one of the three secret levels where you could get the power-up for the Unmaker. now from what i understand of their website they haven't done any updates for this project in like nearly 2 years. but i was hoping that someone from that team was still around and might beable to address some of these issues.

In the TC there is no secret exit. However, you can still get to that map with the powerup after Research Labs (Map09)

ok i understand that, but i also have a few tech. problems i wanted to see if i could get fixed as well. one being that i have no hud. and before anyof you start flaming me over it, yes, i have scrached around in the menus about it, but at lass i can't find anything that could help me out on that. also the only way i can get the game to run is if i use "-gl drOpenGL.dll" cause if i try to use "Absolution.exe" alone the game seems to crash on me left and right.

I'm not sure. But maybe if you lowered your screen size a bit it would give you a hud. Atleast that's how it is with all other ports.

MidnightFox said:

ok i understand that, but i also have a few tech. problems i wanted to see if i could get fixed as well. one being that i have no hud. and before anyof you start flaming me over it, yes, i have scrached around in the menus about it, but at lass i can't find anything that could help me out on that. also the only way i can get the game to run is if i use "-gl drOpenGL.dll" cause if i try to use "Absolution.exe" alone the game seems to crash on me left and right.

Sometimes it turns itself off when launching a new game, you'll have to enable it in the options menu. You will only have to do this once, since it gets saved in your config files.

this is what i have for my hud in my cfg file.

# 1=Show ammo in HUD.
hud-ammo 1

# 1=Show armor in HUD.
hud-armor 1

# HUD info color.
hud-color-b 0

# HUD info color.
hud-color-g 0

# HUD info color.
hud-color-r 1

# 1=Show deathmatch frags in HUD.
hud-frags 205

# Debug: HUD shows all frags of all players.
hud-frags-all 0

# 1=Show health in HUD.
hud-health 1

# 1=Show keys in HUD.
hud-keys 1

# 1=Show power in HUD.
hud-power 1

# Scaling for HUD info.
hud-scale 0.4

# Status bar size (1-20).
hud-status-size force 0

mind you if i try "hud-status-size force 20" the hud would show for a split second then once again disappear. i tell you trying ot play the game with out the hud is a royal bitch.

i hate to be bumping threads, but if no one knows how to fix this, i'll just have to declare this mod, as alright but not good. Mainly of this one flaw. now granted one could argue and say this is Master Skill Doom64. cause with out the HUD you don't know if the next hit is going to kill you. if you have 5 rockets or 1 rocket and so on.