Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doom_Dude

Texture Loading Buggage

Whenever I load a texture of any size into my wad, XWE always screws up the offsets for some reason (by 4 units). For example a 128 x 128 texture will appear tiled at 64 x 124 instead of 64 x 128 in the grid jobby at the top. You can change the 124 to 128 but sometimes it doesn't 'take' and you have to do it a few times. I've had the problem in 1.14 (ok so I just realised today that I wasn't using 1.15). Sooo I installed 1.15 and it's still doing that. I looked around, didn't see this problem posted. So is this ummm just me or is there a bugazoid in XWE?

[edit] Hello anybody home?

Yup, I'm "home" now, but I've been out of the country and busy with other stuff, so sorry for the delay.

The offset thing is on purpose. It's for sprites, and that's how the original Doom sprites were aligned as well (roughly). (E.g. a part of the sprite is in the floor.) For textures, those values are meaningless, they are not used anywhere.

Let me try to clarify this. Let's say you have a patch lump, like "WALL00_1" in the original Doom2 WAD. If you click on it, you can see that the offset is set to 31,139. If you mean those values, then the answer is yes, you don't have to worry about it. Those are never used for patches, only for sprites.

You can press +/- in those boxes to quickly align sprites, or just type in the desired values. Once you do that, XWE should know that this lump has been modified, so when you click on any other lump, XWE will ask if you want to save your changes. At least that's how it works for me; what did you mean by "sometimes it doesn't take"?