Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whitford

alpha level question

OK, I'll admit it. 1. I'm old, and 2. don't have a lot of gaming experience. I'm stuck on the alpha level with the stairwell that is covered with debris and electrical wires. How do I get out or past this? Thanks.

You can't, but there should be another hallway nearby, from there just fight your way though to the end of the level. The end of that level is actually behind the electrical wires, so you're pretty much making a huge u-turn if you know what I mean. So there's no need to worry about that.

Doom3's levels isn't that hard to get lost in, since all of them are really straight forward...

Kaiser said:

Doom3's levels isn't that hard to get lost in, since all of them are really straight forward...

I dunno...I got pretty lost a few times in the demo. :P

I've only gotten lost maybe 2 or 3 times (briefly) but someone who doesn't have a good deal of gaming experience may find it hard to navogate through Doom 3 in some places.

I remember I use to get lost all the time in Doom 1 and 2. I found myself wandering in circles looking for the blue, yellow, or red door.

Related to the alpha labs. Have any of you noticed how the game gets brighter as it goes along? Alpha labs are the darkest levels of the game. Everything after hell is pretty "bright"

Shaviro said:

Related to the alpha labs. Have any of you noticed how the game gets brighter as it goes along? Alpha labs are the darkest levels of the game. Everything after hell is pretty "bright"

I considered Mars City Underground to be the darkest level in the game, or at least the one that's most consistently dark, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that I soon got accustomed to the darkness after playing through it the first time.

Delta Labs level 2b has that area with the "imp conveyor" that's really damn dark (and which imo has far too much ammo for both the plasma gun and the machinegun) - I don't know if I really considered the Alpha Labs levels all that dark with the exception of the one where you have a scientist lighting your way with a lantern (I've finally found a good method to getting through this area without getting the scientist killed).

But I agree on the "past Hell" assessment.

OK, I see now what you mean- didn't realize that you could jump down into the lab with the frickin' laser! So now I'm still stuck. Can't seem to go any further than the room that has hell's roots and the eviscerated man on the ceiling. Where is that confounded bridge, er, elevator?