Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mivalekan

Super Sonic Doom help needed

Every time I try to access level 17 or 30 I get this error "Tried to spawn class-less actor" even when I run the map via the .bat file. How do I fix this?

Well, I might as well post here. I'm having trouble in act 2 of Skull Temple Zone, and I'm at the part with the pushable barrels on slim paths above boiling blood, where gates close up behind you and lock you in. How do I get past that part?

By the way, does anyone else get a lot of lag on a few of the levels? One example on level 30 on the reactor boss part, I get hella lag from all the firing and crap.

CacodemonLeader said:

Well, I might as well post here. I'm having trouble in act 2 of Skull Temple Zone, and I'm at the part with the pushable barrels on slim paths above boiling blood, where gates close up behind you and lock you in. How do I get past that part?

Push the barrels off and you're free to cross. (it used to be a manikin, but trouble with the inventory led me to take it out. Still, no-one likes them in the open anyway)

Actually, I should of mentioned one thing before: I managed to push the barrels out of the way to get to the switch, but there is no way back after flipping the final switch.

Shamefully, I had to noclip through the wall that lead to a hall with springs which send you back to the other side where the bars lowered behind you.

I'm not sure if that was intentional or not to be trapped in the room and finding another switch after triggering the switch in that area (not the one to a secret!)

CacodemonLeader said:

Shamefully, I had to noclip through the wall that lead to a hall with springs which send you back to the other side where the bars lowered behind you.

No worries, I had to do the exact same thing. That wall would not open up for anything. I'm not sure why people have been able to play past that part and not mention any such problem.

I also had the game crash upon activating some switches, like the elevators in the nautical mines levels, but next time they run fine. Sometimes the elevators themselves refused to function properly, or after the first act flooded, you could step into them and literally step out of the water, but if you left the elevator, you were immediately underwater again. Weirdness.

The scripts sometimes backfire as well. I remember in the first act, I left some imps alive on other islands while battling the cacodemon bosses. The time bonus ended being so large that the temp invincibility you get while the points tally wore off, so they got some cheap shots. Also, on map04, beating the gun boss froze my movement, but it got off a final shot at the same moment and clobbered me.

Needless to say, I've saved quite a bit more often afterwards, and sometimes cheated like on map06 or in the nautical mines when the elevators got screwy. It's a fun wad though, so I'm hanging in there. :)

Damn, nearly got away without having to update a release with bug fixes...anyway it's uploaded to the archives again, but you don't need to re-download it unless you've not played the wad at all.

Mivalekan said:

TUD how do I reduce some of the lag I get from most of your levels? :/

Use a faster computer or reduce your screen size. The levels are mostly quite large and often contain architecture that is not easy to render (especially Map10) so the lag is quite unavoidable.

I'm having some troubles on map 14 just in the end.

I've got all the keys, but when I walk inside the small room with the purpple door, the swithes inside do nothing.

I think they are supposed to raise or lower some elevator. If there are some thing i need to do first I just can't find it..

I'm using the latest zdoom.

Do you get this problem if you use the version of Zdoom that it was designed and tested to work with? The link near the start of this thread still works.

Remember that this wad is a few years old (as is this thread), and may have been broken by later changes in the exe (or may have relied on unsupported features of a version, to put it another way).

Yes, I still get the same problem.

the swithes still doesn't work.

Maybe I need to do something, but I don't know what:(