Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EllipsusD

Favorite game series?

No choices on this one. I want to know you 5 (or 10)(or however many you want) favorites games/game series'. This goes for PC and console.

Now, by favorite game/series I'm not talking about how influential the game is/was or if you thought it was just "cool". I want to know what games you obsess over, the series of games that you are blindly devoted to. The games you would make a fansite for if you got the chance.

And you don't have to put Doom on the list. Considering this is a Doom forum, the fact the Doom would be on the list goes without saying.

COMMANDER KEEN!!!!

Monkey Island
Space Quest
Little Big Adventure
MICRO MACHINES
Uhh, everything by Infocom (most people don't realize they're different games anyway :) )

Hey Ho,gotta be DO0M first boy!
Tekken series is wicked! Would you believe MARIO! almost anything mario,super bros,1,2,3.world,64,karts,great game play.Zelda series,ahh wonderful,all of 'em,absolutely engrossing!And then there's many others worthy,such a difficult choice....depends on the mood GT's are cool,some FIFA'S are classic,Monkey Islands may take it though...and now I'll probably think of at least 5 others!

Doom
Heretic/Hexen
Forgotten Realms Infinity Engine (Baldur's Gate, etc.)
Civilization

The obvious Doom.
Final Fantasy 1 thru 6 (haven't played the rest)
Fallout (o/= may-beeee....)
Descent
Warcraft/Starcraft (a series in spirit)
Mario/Wario Land for Game Boy

Mario has appeared in so many different kinds of games, he's transcended "series" by this point. The Mario "series" IMHO would have to be confined to clasic platform games like SMB 1-3, Mario Land 1-2, and Super Mario World.

DOOMworld: The Definitive Source....

Also:
Serpent Rider Trilogy (Heretic, Hexen, Hexen 2)
Quake
Sonic the Hedgehog (up to Sonic and Knuckles)
Mario (up to 3)
Some Zelda

Sorry, not much of a gamer, just a DOOMer.

Mario has appeared in so many different kinds of games, he's transcended "series" by this point. The Mario "series" IMHO would have to be confined to clasic platform games like SMB 1-3, Mario Land 1-2, and Super Mario World.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Super Mario World is probably my favorite game outside of 3d shooters.

Doom (duh)
Legend of Zelda (all except Majerkoff's Mask)
Final Fantasy (all except 8)
Super Mario Bros. (1, 3, and World are my faves but I like 'em all to some extent)
Diablo
Mega Man [including the X series] (8 was dumb but hey, its still Mega Man)
Mortal Kombat...talk about a great game (1,2) and then it went into the shitter (3,4) hopefully the 5th installment will be better...

I have to agree Mortal Kombat2 was particularly good,finely balanced gameplay and GREAT fun,but the others in the series really let it down.
Yeah, I loved the Mega Man series too,but never got as far as 8!

ALL GAMES MADE BY SEGA! I AM A SEGA FANBOY! THAT IS WHY! I WAS RAISED ON SEGA, AND I WILL BE GETTING AN X-BOX BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT SEGA WILL BE DEVELOPING MOST OF THEIR GAMES ON!

p.s. sorry for the caps, just needed to get my point out.

Anyone here who likes Megaman played Megaman and Bass (Rockman and Forte in Japan?) It's the sequel to Mega Man 8. It's on the SNES. It actually has just as good of graphics as the PSX Mega Man 8, and it doesn't use any graphic enhancement chips! It blowed me, uh, I mean my mind.

Lesse....
The Sonic series (all, the tv shows don't count in the series. SA is an alternate universe as far as I'm concearned... freaky humans)
DOOM (miii ^.^)
Jumping Flash (platforming robotic-rabbit madness with a sense of humor... blast the green kiwis! And the burger men!)
Resident Evil (yes, I think 2 was the better one.... the first is still great though)
Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb (not big on action, but it has an anthro fox lead. Yay!)
Star Fox (only SNES... have to love their 'babble' noises. Peppy the hare!)
Sim City (I love to build 'em, I love to smash 'em)
Carmageddon (only played the first one... squash the pixel people, but not real ones. It isn't polite)

There's more, but I don't want to bore everyone to -death-, just bore them horribly.

ALL GAMES MADE BY SEGA! I AM A SEGA FANBOY! THAT IS WHY! I WAS RAISED ON SEGA, AND I WILL BE GETTING AN X-BOX BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT SEGA WILL BE DEVELOPING MOST OF THEIR GAMES ON!

Sega is working with alot more tiles in Gamecube there dude...Sonic Adventure 2 is already in the works for Gamecube...not XBox (correct me if I'm wrong with a website as proof)

Resident Evil (yes, I think 2 was the better one.... the first is still great though)

UGHHHH!!! HOW COULD I FORGET THAT...somebody shoot my friggin brains out for not listing Resident Evil (except 3: Nemesis) as one of my favorite series

megaman series(1-3 and 7 was good,the others is just ok)
megaman X series(i like X series more than normal one)
Thief series
warcraft series
Hexen series(not Heretic,Hexen is much more puzzle involved,and i dunno about heretic2.is it something like "find the key and open the door")

Doom
Heretic
HeXen
Thief
Castlevania
Mario
Zelda
Crash Bandicoot
Sonic

Doom
Fallout
Elder Scrolls
Dark Forces
Blood
Turok
James Bond (GE64, TWINE)
Final Fantasy (up to 6)
Mechwarrior
EarthSiege
GTA
Syndicate
Jurassic Park (SNES...the first actually follows closer to
the book than the movie!)
Forgotten Realms
Street Fighter (2d games only)
Mortal Kombat (except 3)
Samurai Shodown

Two more series,which I enjoy(ed),not top 5 but up there,Wipeout and King of Fighters.
Yeah,Samurai Showdown,I only played 2 of 'em but very good.

I might as well put my favorites down...

Final Fantasy (I've played 1-7 and the GB versions)
Anything with Kirby in it.
Any Castlevania, though I would do anything for a chance to play Dracula X Duo.
Bomberman- so simple and yet so very fun, and even more fun to watch its progression.
And one of my first obsessions, the blue bomber himself: Rockman. Anything with Rockman gets a huge thumbs up.
To a lesser extent (and because I can't remember anything else at the moment) I would have to say Splatterhouse. That was some bloody good fun (heh heh.. sorry, bad joke).

My list, in no particular order (except doom which is no.1)

Doom (1-2)

Heretic (1)
Final Fantasy (1-9)
Zelda (1-3, especially 3)
Secret of mana (1-2) (2 only playble on emulator unless you know japanese or don't care about the plot...)
Super Mario (1-3, World)
Mario Kart (original and 64)
Quake (1, DM only)
Civilization (1-2)
Diablo (1, 2 is crap, doh)
X-COM (1-2, although 1 was much better than 2)
Rock n' Roll racing (1-2)
Soulblazer and Illusion of Time (soulblazer being the better one)
Dune+C&C series (Dune 2 being the best one I'd say, or maybe that's just nostalgia...)

1. Civilization (The new one is out! yipeee!)
2. Doom (of course)
3. Space Quest (funniest games ever)
4. Diablo (I love randomness)
5. Quake (Except 3)
6. Black Isles's Infinity Games (Especialy Planescape:Torment)
7. Sim City (Especialy SimCity 3000...it ownz j00)
8. Dune (Just the RTS games...and the books, of course)
9. Fallout (at least the second one)
10. Mario (bros. 1-3, world 1, party 1-3(its fun), 64, kart)