Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

my wad in progress screenies

Those look pretty good. I can't wait for the finished product. Next time you post pictures, though, post them as links.

Instead of putting [img] tag around the url, put [url] tags around it. There's some rules you broke listed in the faq.

BTW, these screens are spectacular. Seriously amazing work.

And, that sky has got to go. Unless you have stretch short skies on or somethign like that, it's waaaaay to blurry. There's better space skies out there, if you want some, ask.

The sky has got to go i know,i just tested my skills in wrap arround sky editing your wright it looks pretty stupid.
The wad is about 50% done now i have a lot more to do before its ready.
I need some cool sky textures,have you got any suggestions.

Btw:Ah missed these rules your only allowed to show with a maximum resolution of 640x480 pixels,how the hell did i missed these rules.
Please dont't ban me i didn't know sorry for that.
Well i fixed the links it looks better now,just changed the tags to url like you mentioned thanks epyo.

Where are those neat textures from?

K I got some skies at http://members.cox.net/epyo/skieser.zip in the zip there's sky bmps and a txt file, the txt says who (or what) the skies are from so be sure to include them in your credits section yo.

BTW I wonder who gave me these skies, must have been black void or doomboy.

EDIT: Heh those spacemnt# skies don't even match up horizontally, unless you're supposed to put em together or something like they did in final doom.

Jacknife said:

Oh snap! Looks great. Does the wad have a name yet though?

The full name is gonna be "What lies beneath titan-426",and the filename eh i don't know yet i dont think that is all that important its the wad that counts.

Epyo said:

Where are those neat textures from?

Most come from grsites.com,some others are quake textures.
I basicly searched the internet,and i have seen a lot of texture related websites.
More screens to come stay tuned.

BTW:epyo im gonna check your link also thanks for the help.

Some of the texture choices you've made in the map seem a bit random, such as there being a wierd mix of Techy and Gothic-ish textures, but overall the map looks pretty impressive.

Keep up the good work!

AgentSpork said:

Some of the texture choices you've made in the map seem a bit random, such as there being a wierd mix of Techy and Gothic-ish textures

I now thats the whole idea of this wad a big mixture of different types of textures,you can't satify all DooMers out there.Name one wad that all DooMers did like,i don't think there is such a wad out there.
There is a story behind it that goes like this:the uac discoverd a large abandoned ruin on the planet titan-426.They send out a large marine expedition to check these ruins out,some time later nothing was heard from them again it seems they are all dead.Now its your job to find out what the hell happend in there.
Its a simple story that is roughly based on the first doom story and on some hollywood movies,thats why i used techy textures just to give you an impression that humans where in here,doing some top
secret investigation.

BTW:doom3 had on some levels also a mixture of tech and gothic textures,am i wright or am i wrong.

dutch devill said:

Name one wad that all DooMers did like

Action Doom? You could also say Alien Vendetta, or any of the other megawads out there.

Also, keep up the good work.

lerner said:

Action Doom? You could also say Alien Vendetta, or any of the other megawads out there.

Nope, I've heard many opinions both against and for Megawads and Action Doom.

A wad that will be liked by everyone will never be. You will never satisfied everyone.

Heh, I never said I didn't like it. It looks great. I just thought some of the texture choices were a little odd, but it's still pretty good looking.

lerner said:

Also, keep up the good work.

No.

Action Doom was interesting but didn't really impress me.

Alien Vendetta has far too many monsters to be good (IMO of course.)

So much for 'everybody likes them!' ;)

I can safely say that everybody was at least impressed by Dues Vult. Some people couldn't get past the first level and bitched about it, but they don't count.

I didn't like deus vult way too many monsters and a bit too large if you ask me,but i give 5/5 for level design i just can't top that.
But then again im glad that we all have different styles,if it comes too level design,it would be pretty boring if we see thousands of wads with the same style and design lol :)

BTW:this is all a bit offtopic but i don't mind its a good discussion :),and im a bit surprised that most of you guys actually like my wad,i know i looks good but too me this wad is not that impressive but its still good enough to release though.

Jacknife said:

I can safely say that everybody was at least impressed by Dues Vult. Some people couldn't get past the first level and bitched about it, but they don't count.

Yes they do. If You're not impressed by the first level (which is a sorta first impression of the whole WAD, like let's say-a representant of the pack) You won't be impressed by the rest stuff. To keep this I believe the first level should be as impressing as the rest of surprises the author saved for the latter part of his game/WAD.

Graf Zahl said:

Action Doom was interesting but didn't really impress me.

Bah, everyone can go back to playing the same old boring contrived Doom Megawads then ;)

There'll never be anything which is universally liked or loved. Even if everyone genuinely does like something, there'll still be people who think they're "cool", "clever", "anti-mainstream", etc and say that they don't like it... even though they actually do.

Jacknife said:

I can safely say that everybody was at least impressed by Dues Vult.

Sure you can say that, but you'd be wrong.

It looks good, but some areas could use a little more floordetail++. That and the map looks a bit cramped, even in the more open areas because you have lava in most of them causing the player to stay on thin platforms. I have no real reasons to complain though which means it looks good.

cyber-menace said:

It looks good, but some areas could use a little more floordetail++.

Your wright it looks bit dull,ill have to redesign some parts.
Don't forget this wad is still under construction,i first wanted to build the large sections and add more detail like windows as last.
Im brainstorming at the moment what kind of detail i want to add,it must something special something never done before,but it can be a bit tricky thinking up something special.
I was planning to change those lavapools into waterpools so you can walk over them and doesn't hurt you,but only if you guys like it better that way if not i will keep it as it is.