Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
baronofhell

R.O.E.

Is it just me, or the vulgar from the expansion pack is really the early version of the arch-vile for doom3, except it crawls around?

baronofhell said:

Is it just me, or the vulgar from the expansion pack is really the early version of the arch-vile for doom3, except it crawls around?

You could say that, although I'm not sure anyone at iD ever said that the screenshot of it back when Doom 3 was still in production was ever intended to be the arch-vile. Feel free to prove me wrong, though.

It could have made a cool enemy, but they decided to make it into a stupid imp-like monster. Bah.

AgentSpork said:

You could say that, although I'm not sure anyone at iD ever said that the screenshot of it back when Doom 3 was still in production was ever intended to be the arch-vile. Feel free to prove me wrong, though.

Well, I'm not sure it ever officially came from Id's own mouth that it was supposed to be the Archvile, but the PC Gamer preview of Doom 3 claimed it was (and they must have got it from somewhere).

I can't see why it wouldn't have been the early archvile, since it's common that game producers change original concepts during development. But it's a good thing that they changed it and it's certainly cool to see them find a use for the old model, since it was a cool looking monster all along.

Well, they might not have gotten it from anywhere except their office. I really wouldn't be suprised if they just assumed it was the archvile because it sorta looked like one. It isn't that uncommon that some guy working at the office one day says "hey that looks like _____ so it must be a ______!"

S1lent said:

Well, they might not have gotten it from anywhere except their office. I really wouldn't be suprised if they just assumed it was the archvile because it sorta looked like one. It isn't that uncommon that some guy working at the office one day says "hey that looks like _____ so it must be a ______!"

I didn't really think that early model was the archvile until someone suggested it was. In other words, it didn't look much at all like an archie.