Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gamerking104040

Alice in chains

Has anyone herd the song "Them Bones" by alice in chains because the music sounds just like map 23 in doom 2. Is it just coincidence or did id software want it to sound like the song "Them bones".

PLUS if anyone has a link to get the song could you place it in your post please:)

Well, the midi id software used for Them Bones and some midis for Them Bones i've heard are EXACTLY the same, so i'd guess that they got lazy and used that.

EDIT: Didn't Linguica have some page on this matter? Hmm...

Indeed he does.

http://www.doomworld.com/linguica/doomcovers/

BTW, upon first reading gamerking's post, it sounded to me like he was asking for a link to the song Them Bones rather than the doom2 song, which will never happen on these forums. Just a heads up.

The music from the games, on the other hand, are provided here:

http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/info/music.php

/me looks down

Har har har ! ! !

Grazza said:

By the way, using the "Search Forums" feature will provide answers to a great many of the standard questions, such as this one.

I did search. I didn`t find. Anyway why didn`t id software just make up there own songs for some of the levels instead of copying other bands.

I did type in "alice in chains" but it just came up with. sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. Yes i did spell it right and i did leave spaces. WHY IS IT ME WHY WHY.

Looks like this is going to hell:)

I remember listening to Tubular Bells a little while back and there was a point during the music that I was reminded of one of the tracks from the Ultimate Doom.

Can't remember which level it was though...

gamerking104040 said:

I did type in "alice in chains" but it just came up with. sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. Yes i did spell it right and i did leave spaces. WHY IS IT ME WHY WHY.

Well, my first post ever to land in hell was on this very same topic...maybe it's that thread that the search engine can't find, as it doesn't search in Blogs or Post Hell.

gamerking104040 said:

Don't put spaces inbetween words.

The Flange Peddler said:

I remember listening to Tubular Bells a little while back and there was a point during the music that I was reminded of one of the tracks from the Ultimate Doom.

Can't remember which level it was though...

That was the Exorcist music right?

Caco-Puff said:

Is it just me,Or is E1M1 more like Master Of Puppets then No Remorse?

I always associate it with No Remorse, because of the base riffs.

Back in the early '90s midi covers of songs were considered to be derivative works, like TCs or fanfilms now. There were entire websites that were devoted to collecting and distributing midis based on popular songs. Many games of the time period used midi versions of known songs. One that jumps immediately to my mind is the second or third level of Citadel Station in the original System Shock which used "Head Like a Hole."

speaking of which I think the music in one of the later levels of the 2nd episode of Doom 1 was the Slayer song 'behind the crooked cross'