Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Roguelike Doom

heh, this is a brilliant idea. Whether or not it's actually fun to play it has my thumbs up.

edit: I'm definitely enjoying this.

Awesome... I used to be heavily into roguelike games at one point, definitely going to try this out...

edit: ********ly to you too

Really fun to play. This is the best Roguelike I've ever played, because not only is it Doom, it also forgoes the usual "medieval" environment of most Roguelikes - it's not afraid to give you a taste of hot lead. The levels aren't random, but there's still a lot of replay value here in picking the traits you start with.

EDIT: Okay, the levels ARE random - after the first one.

I was expecting something like Ultima Underworld, not a literal rogue-like game, ascii characters and all.

Well, I got to the place where it talks about finding the Deimos base... and then the game ended and said I "bleeded to death". Was that all?

What! You don't (didn't) know what a roguelike is? Sacrilege! ^^

Seriously, if you never played Nethack, ZAngband, SLASH'EM and the like, you've missed out on a LOT of fun.

Schneelocke said:

What! You don't (didn't) know what a roguelike is? Sacrilege! ^^

Seriously, if you never played Nethack, ZAngband, SLASH'EM and the like, you've missed out on a LOT of fun.

Not knowing what roquelike game means is a shame indeed... After all (imho) all time best two games (sharing the 1st place) are DooM and NetHack (propably most known roquelike around).

This is interesting - I'm still running a linux nethack server, so I'm ********ly interested of this :)

Sorry for the massive massive bump, but I have discovered this game only in the last few weeks, so it is pretty new to me. It is just loads of fun and it can actually be surprisingly intense. Like playing Doom itself really, but without all those annoying graphics getting in the way of the action. O_o

Anyway, was wondering if there were any walkthroughs/hits/tips anywhere, as I am a bit stuck, and am unable to find any on the net.

Level 18 (Unholy Cathedral I think) is the level where you can only use melee weapons, and there is the angel of death. How on earth are you supposed to kill him? I know you can just bypass him, but there must be some way to kill him.

Thanks people.

Walkthroughs for a roguelike? Surely you jest. For the other stuff - check out the Wiki and forum.

As for the Angel of Death

Spoiler

Doesn't suck - GM