Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elites725

Doom 3 graphics on Xbox???

Is the Doom 3 graphics on Xbox just a little worse than PC or is it alot worse? Beacuase I saw this trailer of doom 3 that had really really good graphics and it said it was from Xbox and I really doubted that! So can someone please show me a trailer or a some pics from the Xbox version? Thanx guys.

Recently Gamespot previewed Doom 3 on X-Box and they said that while the resolution was lower than that of Doom 3 on a good PC, for the most part the graphics were still as good as they should have been, and everything is in check.

From screenshots it doesn't look quite as good, but still great. I saw an X-Box trailer but it wasn too low res to see any difference in graphics.

Ixnatifual said:

From screenshots it doesn't look quite as good, but still great. I saw an X-Box trailer but it wasn too low res to see any difference in graphics.

Screenshots from consoles almost never do justice to what the game actually looks like when you play it.

The resolution is lower [this is a given] but otherwise it should look pretty much the same.I just hope it runs smooth.

Ixnatifual said:

Of course it'll run smooth, seeing as they only need to test it on an xbox.

So? Just because it's being developed for a console doesn't mean that it is going to run smoothly. It depends on how well the developers optimize it and all that. I've seen some console games that have some serious lag problems, that the developers didn't bother to do something about.

But, from the trailer I saw which was a long while ago, the X-Box Doom 3 runs pretty smoothly. I only saw a couple of instances where the frame rate dropped a little bit, but it's probably going to run fine overall.

The XBOX graphics compared to the PC graphics are like a 1024x768 resolution compared to a 1280x1024 resolution.

They're both good, but one is just not quite as good as the other.

And as someone else said (I think) never go by the magazine screenshots.. they're always fuzzy and low-quality to save money on ink.

Not even close. The XBox graphics are MUCH worse.

However, because you're playing the XBox version on a TV and it's been designed around the exact specs of the XBox, it won't look a whole lot worse, even though the XBox graphics are terrible compared to the PC graphics at full fidelity.

Linguica said:

even though the XBox graphics are terrible compared to the PC graphics at full fidelity.

Ya, but you got to remember too that the XBOX was made about 3 or 4 years ago too. Also, most consoles will always have worse graphics than a PC unless you can customize the hardware of the console and up the specs.

Personally I don't find a problem with the lowering in graphics as long as the game plays fine.

AgentSpork said:

I've seen some console games that have some serious lag problems, that the developers didn't bother to do something about.

Then those developers suck unbelievably hard. I mean, how crappy are you as a game developer if your game doesn't even run properly on a single medium with constant specifications, which your game is 100% designed for? I had no idea there were moronic game developers like this out there.

But honestly I still don't think a responsibility like Doom 3 would be given to such idiots.

The developers are hardly to blame when they're working with already difficult specifications. Think about almost every PS2 game released, or Ion Storm and the Deus Ex 2 port for XBOX.