Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
busta1532

Problem with 2nd disc installation

Alright, 1st disc installs no problem. When I insert the 2nd disc, it's not being read. CD is fine, disc drive is clean, it's just not being recognized. Neone with similar problems and what to do to solve them??

Well, it's possible that your disc is simply defective (it happens sometimes). I dont know of any workarounds, nor would I suggest attempting to work around the problem either. Take it back to where you bought it and request a replacement.

Well, you can try a different drive, like on a friends machine, just to make sure that it's not your drive. Might be some kind of crazy copy protection issue that your drive is having problems with.

There's hardly any reason you wouldnt be able to get a replacement, especially if you still have your reciept. If the store wont replace it for some reason, you can try contacting activision for a new copy. You can find their contact information in the back of the doom3 manual.

Edit: Also, have you tried simply copying the files directly from the second CD? Is it the doom3 instaler that cant detect the presence of the second CD, or is it windows?

I'm not really sure what it is (installshield or windows). If it's either of those programs, is there a different installer that I could get that would work?