Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bryant robinson

It Could have been better...but....

Hey!

Could anyone name some wads out there that could have been better but the detail or layouts was just too plain looking to make it more appealing? Wads that were very fun to play but just looked too boring to get into. I was planning on taking in some wads and adding detail to them and giving credit to the original creator of the wad.

Thanks!

Bryant R.

You can't just modify other people's creations like that unless, in the text file or otherwise, the author states that they don't mind you doing such. Just giving them credit isn't enough.

Instead of simply modifying an existing mod, you could always create an entirely new one and then cite your sources of inspiration.

AgentSpork said:

You can't just modify other people's creations like that unless, in the text file or otherwise, the author states that they don't mind you doing such. Just giving them credit isn't enough.

Hasn't stopped Jive.

The Lost Episodes of DOOM is a megawad that easly can be improved. I made a modification to the last maps of each episode to make them real boss battles, they look and play good, if you're interesed drop me a line.

Szymanski said:

Hasn't stopped Jive.

He claims though that he have asked the authors in every case though, but I am sure Anthony Soto can attest against that. (I have a memory of an incident he had with Jive)

Yes, Jive apparently doesn't view it as actually modifying a wad if "all" he does is replace/add textures, rebuild the nodes, alter the order of levels, add/remove exits, convert from Doom to Doom2 (possibly breaking map-specific stuff), etc. That's what he seems to call "no fondamental changes". Useful word, "fondamental".

I don't imagine Bryant is intending to do what he proposing without getting permission though.