Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meddylgar

Greetings all!

Freetings all! I am quite fond of sprite editing.. i once made a version of doom way back that every time you killed a guy thier head would explode... if i could find the wad i'd post it but it's been YEARS!!!!!! it was quite entertaining and when i saw the freedoom project i just had to lend my services i can make sprites all day so if you need a sprite changed let me know and i'll see what i can do.... please one prite at a time please because it takes me hours to change just one... I used to use ANimator pro to edit wad files... unfortuenately i don't havea copy of animator pro anymore... which is too bad because it's perfect.... anyway

I am using The Gimp now... so let me know which sprite you need changed too and i'll do my best to help out thanks

Um yes, just to let you know I'm composing a detailed reply at some point but I haven't got around to it yet.

Meddylgar said:

when i saw the freedoom project i just had to lend my services i can make sprites all day

We're always on the look-out for contributors! You're services would be much appreciated.

so if you need a sprite changed let me know and i'll see what i can do....please one prite at a time please because it takes me hours to change just one... so let me know which sprite you need changed too and i'll do my best to help out thanks

Our main status page lists what stuff has been done, with this page listing which sprites are free. Choose one which isn't marked 'assigned' or 'done' and let us know so we can reserve it for you.

If you *really* want to do one which is marked as assigned, let us know and we can get in touch with the person supposedly working on it, who may have lost interest.

I have looked at all the sprites they look to be all done... there is one that is assigned... so I guess i can't help much perhaps i can work on some of the textures...

i'll have a look at the list and send you a request soon.

You can work on anything you'd like if you think it's better than what's currently in place. Somebody then decides which to keep and which to get rid of.

Note that, it would be most ideal if you would work on something which hasn't been done already. see the discussion on this thread for reasons why.

Note that my previous post was just advice. I, as a potential Freedoom user, want to see superior art, even though finishing the project is important as well. I am not in any command/leadership position in Freedoom, and I was posting from a limited/dated knowledge of Freedoom rules.

I think my statement holds true, though. He CAN work on whatever he'd like and reserve it until a point where he might interject it without ruffling too many feathers. This is FREEdoom, after all. :-P

Meddylgar said:

I have looked at all the sprites they look to be all done...

Ummm, I can see quite a few without either done or assigned beside them. :-?

Couldn't there always be a second freedoom project to replace a few things ?