Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Spongebob is gay

Jesus Christ... The gayness of it all just astounds me (I'm referring to the article, of course, not Spongebob). Regardless of how the hell you interpret that video, since when the hell is tolerance a sin? OMFG IT HURTS!!! I don't even like Spongebob! What kind of society do we live in in which bigotry and ignorance is perfectly acceptable? I guess since people can't be racist anymore, they had to move to SOMETHING... Oh well, I'll be laughing my ass off when they wind up in hell.

Spongebob when gay after the original creator left and nick too his place. Who was that again? I never thought of Spongebob to be homosexual more metro sexual or completely asexual because Sponges reproduce by budding.

"A short step beneath the surface reveals that one of the differences being celebrated is homosexuality," wrote Ed Vitagliano in an article for the American Family Association.

THIS MUST BE STOPPED AT ONCE

I heard about this on the news. If you look hard enough for something controversial in a movie, show, or anything else, you'll find it eventually.

Personally I think it's just stupid... although I won't shed any tears for the loss of Squarepants

Christian fundamentalists hate gays because of their views and lifestyle.

People in this thread hate christian fundamentalists because of their views and lifestyle.

Am I the only one whose hypocrit sense is tingling? :P

Oh, and people who believe that holding a certain opinion (however prejudiced and morally wrong that opinion is) is reason enough to be shot, should be... well, not shot obviously, but something not-so-nice should be done to them ;).

Janderson said:

Godamned christian fundamentalists. See you all in hell.

Someone always has to bring religion into these threads... Some jerk made a stupid complaint about a stupid movie for children... it must be Christian, it makes perfect sense...

Um it was a Christian organization condemning homosexuality they felt was present in a Spongebob video about loving everyone no matter how different.

I'm not saying all Christians are like this, but it was a Christian group.

But at least two Christian activist groups say the innocent cartoon characters are being exploited to promote the acceptance of homosexuality.

"A short step beneath the surface reveals that one of the differences being celebrated is homosexuality," wrote Ed Vitagliano in an article for the American Family Association.

The video is a remake of the 1979 hit song "We Are Family" using the voices and images of SpongeBob, Barney, Winnie the Pooh, Bob the Builder, the Rugrats and other TV cartoon characters. It was made by a foundation set up by songwriter Nile Rodgers after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, in an effort to promote healing.

Christian groups however have taken exception to the tolerance pledge on the foundation's Web site, which asks people to respect the sexual identity of others along with their abilities, beliefs, culture and race.

I said christian 'fundamentalists,' the Bible does say that men should not have sex with men, but it does not say that a man cannot fall in love with another man and it says nothing as far as I know, about gay marrage etc. By fundamentalists I'm talking about people who take a glance at the blurb and assume the know the entire story.

I guess what I was meant to say was just fundamentalists but the article involved christian groups and I only read the first two paragraphs; I am as guilty as the people I accuse and then some.

Am I the only one who thinks that using children's cartoon characters to teach little kids about gay sex would inevitably piss off a shit load of parents no matter if they are tolerent or not. The fact that they bring this into public schools while at the same time are trying to ban saying the little phrase "under god" from the pledge of alligience is just wrong. I'm not a christian fundementalist, but seriously, who the hell would seriously consider taking out one little phrase because some people don't like having their children say especially when it's not mandatory at all. And then they automatically allow gay sex to be forced onto to little kids as "right", which seriously goes against just about every christian sect.
Liberals: 1
Christians: 0

Note: I'm not taking sides here, just speaking my mind.

Dude, you know perfectly well that "under god" is not criticized for being offensive. It is criticized for being biased toward religions that worship a god. It also tampers with the original pledge.

AndrewB said:

Dude, you know perfectly well that "under god" is not criticized for being offensive. It is criticized for being biased toward religions that worship a god. It also tampers with the original pledge.

And teaching little kids about gay sex isn't biased against religion? Whatever the case is, the fact remains that the kids don't have to say the pledge. Nobody is forcing them to. Besides, the phrase "under god" makes sense because this country was founded by christians anyways.

This isn't a bash against Christians, just the fundamentalist elitists.

I mean, I think the Spongebob cartoon is criminally stupid, but for crying out loud, it's not sending subliminal messages to little children.

Jacknife said:
And teaching little kids about gay sex isn't biased against religion?

Eh, teaching kids about gay sex...? Do these teachings include explicit scenes showing how gay people can pleasure each other?

You know what? Roughly 10% of religious people are gay. Are you gay?

myk said:

You know what? Roughly 10% of religious people are gay. Are you gay?

Roughly 96% of statistics are pulled out of thin air.

You do know that "One nation under God" was added when the soviets became the USAs #1 enemy and has next to nothing to do with the USA supposed "Christian Foundations". right?

But you you do make a point. why bother removing one line of it? Get rid of the whole damn thing. It's anachronistic, it's unpatriotic, and It's stupid. Making children chant that damn thing everyday breed a bunch of dregs who think patriotism is saluting flags and meaningless rituals.

Jacknife said:

And teaching little kids about gay sex isn't biased against religion?

There's a difference. Gay sex is not being printed on money and written in a country's pledge. One is government-endorsed, and the other isn't. Dude, you HAVE to understand the difference.

Whatever the case is, the fact remains that the kids don't have to say the pledge. Nobody is forcing them to.

This is not true. If there is even one instance of a child being reprimanded (and there is, far more than one) then it is forced.

Besides, the phrase "under god" makes sense because this country was founded by christians anyways.

Okee. Religious evangelism right here, folks! I thought that you can be reasoned with, but this here comment is the stamp of doom. No conversation may take place!

myk said:

Eh, teaching kids about gay sex...? Do these teachings include explicit scenes showing how gay people can pleasure each other?

Doesn't really matter. (EDIT: I was referring to the bottom part of the post which referred to religious people being gay, just forgot to include it.) The point I was making was that no shit parents are going to be pissed because kids are going to watch a video that expresses tolerance as right; which is a little bit more extreme than listening to the words "under god". I don't see why you're inferring that I'm taking sides. Just making a point, cause before my post people were talking about how christian parents were all anti-tolerant and religious extremists and whatnot. I was just making a point that 'parents have a right to be pissed off about that without being labeled as religious extremists or anti-tolerant sons of bitches'. Just noticing that the liberal side isn't completely blame free from going apeshits about something so small and unimportant as well. Eh, but whatever. If people are going to just turn my words around on me and try and make me look anti-tolerant then this whole thread is most likely going to get so derailed that it'll probably go straight to hell, not that I'm encouraging it or anything.

Dammit, I'm not a religious extremist just for noticing that the parents have somewhat of a point. Hell, I'm against religious extremists cause of what I learned in school about the witch craze, spanish inquisition, massacre of the jews in one of the crusades, and all the conquistidors' massacres of Native Americans. So don't start bashing me for just saying that they have a reason to be pissed off. That's all I was fuckin saying.

EDIT: Never heard of kids being reprimanded for not saying the pledge. If this is true then I've made a huge mistake. And if you're wondering what my stance on tolerism is, I just don't give a fuck if the person is gay or not. I don't go out of my way to insult people for being gay, but I don't think that little kids should have to hear about this shit (i.e. being taught liberal moral values). But I guess you're not going to listen to my defence for myself anyways. About spongebob, using him for this is no surprise.