Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

out like a turd

Well we grabbed a gamecube. I must say it looks really great. my bro bought only sports games, i hate sports games, so i will have to get a good game. The system is nice looking and has good graphics. However i dont think this system will be able to come close to playing the new doom

Why not? When systems come out the games are pretty plain because people are just learning how to code with them. Overtime, people will learn more tricks and be more familiar with its compatibilities and capabilities. Look at how much better and nicer Resident Evil 2 looked over RE1 on the psx. I'm sure all the new Gen systems will be able to handle it. Maybe cut down a bit but I'm sure it WILL work.

yes, RE2 was pretty damn good(had the PC version) but they are remakeing those games and putting them on the gamecube

yes, RE2 was pretty damn good(had the PC version) but they are remakeing those games and putting them on the gamecube

Actually they are only remaking the first one and porting the rest. Also, they are making the new RE games exclusively for Nintendo. I'm crossing my fingers that Nintendo is able to shake the "kiddie system" lbel it has gotten over the years.

I also got a Gamecube today. No games though. Rouge Squadren 2 was sold out, and I'm not going to buy Monkey Ball until I rent it. None of the othe launch titles impressed me much.

Yeah, say what you want. I'm not afraid to admit that I love console systems as much as my computer. And I'm not ashamed of getting Nintendo's new system either. I'll be the first to admit that it has its share of faults (no modem included, no DVD/CD support, no hard drive), but it seems to have some very fun games in its future. X-Box may have some good games, but I think there is a higher chance that many of those games will make it to the PC anyway, and the PS2... well, I can borrow my friends if he ever gets some decent games.

Ummmh, what the fuck is the Gamecube using as GPU? Because one thing is raw processing speed and a very different thing the capability to process specific gl_extensions like pixel shaders.

Dammit! No more Resident Evil's in PS! Well i hope Konami keeps making Silent hill and MGS on Playstation.

I think the GameCube may actually be able to handle the New Doom. Look at Luigi's Mansion, at all the stuff that game has graphically going for it. I thought the shadows were and lighting effects were simply astounding. It looked just like a 3d version of a cartoon, IMO.
The controller is pretty fucked up looking, and it took me like 20 or so minutes to get used to it. Will it be used in games like Doom or Quake? Maybe, maybe not.

Missing a source port?
ZDOOM
Legacy
EDGE
PRBOOM
DOOM3D
Vavoom
And of course, the MyDoom Frontend!
Get them here!
Check My Fave Links too:
Staind
Doomword