Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Tran

Sprite Artist for Wad Making Team

I've been designing my own doom enemies for a few years now. I haven't been making wads that have new doom enemies in it yet. I would like to work with a team and does anyone know any team that I can join? Contact me AIM: Mazinkaiser4 if you want to see my work

EDIT:
I changed my mind.
You obviously been several times to this thread and I don't know what's Your thing.
I've produced myself with my work here and no replies from Your side. If You're counting that a bunch of artists will run to Your mega-cool and whatnot project that has 50/50 chances of getting done; like hyenas to a carcass, You're in for a damn surprise. One thing I hate is ignorance.

Since you didn't understood what the topic was about. I am looking forward to working with a wad making team that supports a sprite artist for making doom sprites for their wads. To be honest, my sprites aren't really that Doom Style. If you want to see my work, you can contact me at yoffy@z-games.net to see it. I just want to join a wad making team and make new sprites for their wads. If this doesn't help, let me know.

I offered myself so we could make a team and work on a project I would further contact You with.
What is the problem with posting Your sprites? Are they top secret? C'mon, give imageshack a use and post stuff here.
You could either work for the secret thing I will furhter contact You privately about or join the Doom3 TC team-we're in need of a couple pixel artist.

Pretty nice tough I'm aware of Your use of Pillow Shading. You should use more angled light, or above light (this is good for Doom since most light comes from above tlite flats ;) ) I find it hard (like ravage) to know exactly.. what are these things? One is a helmet-furthest on the right and the bottom left one also looks like a head of some sort.
They have a "Strife" feeling to them, also they lack contrast a bit. Doom's sprites are well contrasted. But their appearance is quite good.
Can You do animated sprites as well? :)

Well of course. I use more of my own original techniques after I've learned how to use techniques from other pixel tutorials.

Tsugumo's tutorial is actually a great tutorial. You shouldn't think Tsugumo's tutorial on dithering applies to Doom sprites. But good job on those doom sprites Steve and Nym :D. Doom sprites use smooth gradient to create natural looking sprites. Just take red and tell where it's highlights and shadows would be and blend all it's shades and tints. The part on pillow shading, yes I did use a lot of pillow shading. I mean, you don't always have to use all of your pixel art techniques in it. Depends on where light is facing and where the parts of the sprites are facing. I should do some cel shading, heh.

Andy Tran said:

Doom sprites use smooth gradient to create natural looking sprites.

You're right, because Doom's sprites aren't restricted to their own pallettes-they use one huge 256 pallette which contains many shades of Doom's colours, thus You can put them in Your sprites and not worry about Pallette issues, like some fighter games are restricted to 16 colors or so. Doom ones aren't.

Tsugomo's Pixel Tutorial.

Pixelation alone has a thread that contains so many links that I needed a week to go trough all of them, St0ven's tutorials (SpriteDomain) Blackmagic (Derekyu) but yeah, Tsugumo's is the original and best.

In the mail I told you about some of the graphics we still need, here or others a bit more simple if you want to start with.

-A DOOM 3 Teleport flash
-DOOM 3 Cacodemon fireball
-Characters, like Sgt. Kelly, Swann, Campbell, Theresa Chasar, may be Betruger, and some others, some of them in agony. I don't think that these need to be eight sided.
-A titleplic? A m_doom (that says DOOM2.5 with the DOOM³ logo)
-A new sky?

Edit: I just saw your mail, thanks, whatever you need for your character let me know.