Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Spongebob is gay

Thanks, I didn't mean to start a huge religious arguement; but I couldn't let people get the wrong impression of me either. \
EDIT: One more thing about religious extremists though, my friend's grandma is one of those and she choked a jew to try and convert him. She also tries to break into stuff in his room. So pretty much I've been exposed to the bullshit of their kind, and people like her piss me off. True story.

Huh. Those wacky Christian fundamentalist groups. Some dudes try to do good by spreading tolerence, and then some people who claim that gays should be disbanded from the country try to stop one of the more important prejudice issues of today from being stopped. You'd think they'd be free from prejudice if they are following a god who is free from prejudice.

Personally, I don't really like the whole idea of someone's cock in my butt, but that's my decision, and if someone DOES for some odd reason want to do that to me, I'll politely refuse. People are homophobic because they don't think about it much, just do what they learned from wherever and HATE :(.

On a strange note, I think the kind of people we SHOULD be scared of being in our country are the sort of people from Sodom. In the Bible(oh noz) there's a few passages talking about how the men of Sodom went up to Lot's house while he had a few guys staying with them. When they got there, all they wanted was the guys so they could have sex with them, and practically mobbed Lot's house just to do that. Scary :O.

Oh yeah, I sort of liked Spongebob. A few of his shows were funny.

Oh yes. That story. My favourite part is when the head of the house Tried to bribe the mob into leaving by offering his virgin daughters to them. Good times… Good times…

any way... I think the whole point to this thread is that Spongebob isn't trying to convert kids to fagdom, and the people who wrote that are morons.

Jacknife said:
Doesn't really matter.

There isn't a difference between blatant homosexual displays and an interpretation of a cartoon by a morally conservative activist group?

The point I was making was that no shit parents are going to be pissed because kids are going to watch a video that expresses tolerance as right;

If they are intolerant enough, they might well become pissed. The fact that something is predictable doesn't necessarily make it acceptable.

which is a little bit more extreme than listening to the words "under god".

Tolerating homosexuality is more extreme than "officially" stating that a whole nation is under a God that many don't believe in and others see in incompatible ways?

Just making a point, cause before my post people were talking about how christian parents were all anti-tolerant and religious extremists and whatnot.

I missed that part. For the most part, or from what I've read, what people are saying is that the groups claiming so ardently this cartoon spreads homosexualism are "extremist," specifically, not that any Christian or religious person necessarily is.

I was just making a point that 'parents have a right to be pissed off about that without being labeled as religious extremists or anti-tolerant sons of bitches'.

I don't think it's proper for such groups to ban media for lame reasons, especially when such apparently "innocent" and "minor" censorship is the actual foothold for more specific and obvious media control. They can keep their fear of homosexuals to themselves, for their fear is not going to determine the level of discourse in any relatively enlightened society or culture.

Dammit, I'm not a religious extremist just for noticing that the parents have somewhat of a point.

See, you're saying you feel (somewhat) identified with these parent groups, and feel that, since people have called them fundamentalist, that makes you one too. But they (the people posting) didn't generalize, they spoke their minds about the actions taken by the groups mentioned in the article.

You speak of taking sides, and may not be completely on the side of these groups, but as far as this discussion goes, you're more on their side than other people are.

Too damn tired of listening to this shit. I'm going to let this one slide.
EDIT: I can only hope that when I wake up I'm not banned or have my title changed again, or sent to the Losers forum, or whatever.

Jacknife said:

Besides, the phrase "under god" makes sense because this country was founded by christians anyways.

It was? Well anyway, the county was most definitely founded on the ideals of separation of church and state...so "under god" has no place really

If kids are prevented from learning moral values as Jacknife suggested, this world really will be going straight to hell.

not gay, but he is a gay icon and lives a gay lifestyle.
some of the sexual references in the show are a bit much, IMHO.

I think that this is stupid to do. They dont like the song because its made by people who support differences including (gasp!) homosexuality. That in itself is stupid. I'm pretty sure the actual song doesnt go like

We have just got married! My super-sexy boyfriend and me!

Also Spongebob is not stupid :D

But whatever :P I go to an American public school so I'll find out soon enough.

here's the We Are Family site BTW:
http://www.waf.org/

They focus mostly on gay and lesbian children who have nowhere to turn and dont know what to do. I guess the Church would rather have them kill themselves because they dont understand why thier different then help them. Oh yeah, and the Catholic church covered up homosexual pedophilia for 40 years in order to keep power, but when something comes out trying to help different people in the most innocent way possible they jump on it.

ATTENTION ALL WHO THINK OTHERWISE, TEACHING TOLERANCE TOWARDS GAYS AND HOMOSEXUALS IS NOT ONLY THE MORALLY RIGHT THING TO DO IT IS ALSO CONSTITUTIONALLY ALLOWED. EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ARE PROTECTED BY LAWS AS HEALTHY ENVIRONMENTS FOR ALL CHILDREN. TEACHING ANYTHING BUT THE ACCEPTANCE AND TOLERANCE OF ALL WALKS OF LIFE EVEN IF THEY CONFLICT WITH YOUR OWN VIEWS DOES NOT CREATE A HEALTHY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.

Scuba Steve said:

ATTENTION ALL WHO THINK OTHERWISE, TEACHING TOLERANCE TOWARDS GAYS AND HOMOSEXUALS IS NOT ONLY THE MORALLY RIGHT THING TO DO IT IS ALSO CONSTITUTIONALLY ALLOWED. EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ARE PROTECTED BY LAWS AS HEALTHY ENVIRONMENTS FOR ALL CHILDREN. TEACHING ANYTHING BUT THE ACCEPTANCE AND TOLERANCE OF ALL WALKS OF LIFE EVEN IF THEY CONFLICT WITH YOUR OWN VIEWS DOES NOT CREATE A HEALTHY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.

The CAPSLOCK key is a reference to gay people because they STAND OUT IN THE CROWD. (Didn't you know?)

insertwackynamehere said:

They focus mostly on gay and lesbian children who have nowhere to turn and dont know what to do.

So children can be gay or lesbian? What age group are we talking about here? I was talking about it being shown in elementary school.

Oh, and Scuba, I am aphalled by your intolerablity of other peoples opinions, whether they be by your moral standards or not. I'm also surprised that I'm being flamed by someone of your stature in this community.

"Be civil. Someone is not asking for flames when they express an opinion you do not share, no matter how crazy it is. Flaming makes you hard to take seriously and it speeds the death of the thread. And if you are flamed, you are not required to flame back."
-FAQ

pardon but i do not see scuba steve flaming anyone, if you point out the offending reply to my failing eyes then i will take the appropriate action.

insertwackynamehere said:

They focus mostly on gay and lesbian children who have nowhere to turn and dont know what to do.

Not to sound ignorant or anything, but how the fuck are children competent, let alone aware enough, to make the choice as to whether or they are gay? They're not, because they are nothing more than fucking kids.

Any website that mentions that kind of utter bullshit is under the influence of the "gay mafia". You know, the uber-gays that piss off normal homosexuals? Those kinds of people are as bad as the ADL and femi-nazis, and don't deserve an ounce of tolerance, just a swift kick in the ass - right the fuck off the continent.

I had no idea that there was a "gay mafia" and would never recognize it if I saw it. Maybe they'll make a TV series out of it.

pilottobombadier said:

Not to sound ignorant or anything, but how the fuck are children competent, let alone aware enough, to make the choice as to whether or they are gay? They're not, because they are nothing more than fucking kids.

It is not a choice, people and animals are usually born gay. You can have a 'crush' at any age, and if that crush is guy on guy/girl on girl you can't help but be gay. This means you can be gay at any age. As far as I can remember there has been gay bashing in most schools so it's not suprising that this tolerance thing is being introduced and it is definitly necessary.

A dog is nothing more than an animal. It'll butt fuck Beethoven if it wants but animals don't really give a shit about sexuality and imo niether should we.

Jacknife said:

Oh, and Scuba, I am aphalled by your intolerablity of other peoples opinions, whether they be by your moral standards or not.

This isn't my opinion, it's a fact. Schools have the right (and duty) to acknowledge Gay Pride Month and preach tollerance towards Homosexuals.

I am at a loss at this moment for the Supreme Court decision, however Teachers who put up Bulletin Boards discussing Homosexuality were constitutinally protected and a Teacher who placed inflamitory anti-gay rhetoric on his Board was found to be against the law.

Alright, so I skimmed over Scubas post since it was in all caps, I apologize.
Just let me clear things up about my original post. I felt that that teaching tolerance to little kids is immoral, not that tolerance itself is immoral. I hope that makes sense, if not then there's really nothing else I can say.
I know it seemed that I was taking a side, but I was just seeing the issue from the religious standpoint, since nobody was really was at the time. I haven't been watching the news lately so I didn't know about it being illegal to post something that is intollerant in school. I didn't realize how far the Supreme court went on this issue.
EDIT: Has anyone noticed that this thread has been going on for over a day?

Jacknife said:

I haven't been watching the news lately so I didn't know about it being illegal to post something that is intollerant in school. I didn't realize how far the Supreme court went on this issue.

Concidering that 30% of all Teen Suicides are by Gay/Lesbian students... it sounds like it is something important worth enforcing.

Jacknife said:

EDIT: Has anyone noticed that this thread has been going on for over a day?

Wow, ONE day. How about that? It happens I guess. Hell, the music thread in blogs has over 1700 posts and has been running strong since april of last year.

Stealthy Ivan said:

This is a doom forum, keep it real...

The title of this forum is called Everything Else

Kaiser said:

The title of this forum is called Everything Else

Yes, where ALL on-topic posts are deleted.