Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Darwinia

I've been seeing people talk about this everywhere. Most say the learning curve is too steep for the demo.

It looks interesting enough to try, even though RTS isn't my thing.

I'd like it a bit more if it didn't require as much. I put the thing on ultra sucky detail and it ran at 15 fps :(.

Quast said:

die

age of empires and rise of rome kicked major ass

I remember playing AoE about four years ago, it was fun I suppose, but it wasn't really my thing. Never tried Rise of Rome.

I still have AoE and AoE2 somewhere... I haven't played them in a while.

I've always liked most of the C&C games but right now I mostly play Rise of Nations and WarCraft III. A good RTS that has a demo out now is Act of War. I played the demo to it and if you're into the more modern sort of RTS, than you might like it.

The learning curve is actually pretty shallow to me, but then, I've had experience with using mouse gestures and the like (in my browser). I'm not an RTS player, but I do enjoy Darwinia.

How are you supposed to use rockets and grenades correctly? I do the gesture after I made a squad and I attack some enemies, but it seems random on whether they will use the rocket or grenade. Most of the times they blow themselves up since I can't figure out how exactly you're supposed to use the secondary fire.

Edit: Meh, I figured it out. You have to hold the right mouse button to fire the lasers and click the left mouse button to use grenades or rockets.