Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bwidger

Doom Builder WAD Question

For all those who know anything about Doom Builder:

How do I combine two pwads or wads into one? You see, i already built one wad but i wanna make another wad and join them together so they are all within the same wad. Is there a way with Doom Builder i can do this? explain plz.

also, is pwad the levels with a wad pretty much?

thanx,
bwidger

i usually use deepseas builtin wad merger to do this stuph, as doombuilder does not currently have one.

PWAD means something the like of "patch' wad. All custom wads are PWADs, the main DOOM wads are IWADs, Internal WADs. WAD stands for "Where's All the Data?".

Doom Builder can't join the wads (i.e. mix the resources and data in them to create a new wad, or, load all the resources and data from one wad directly into another).
XWE can do that.

doomworld.com/xwe

To mix wads open up Your wad and go to File->Merge and select the wad that is going to be merged with the one You have opened. Presto. Also be sure that there are no mixed up entries, like awkwardly placed F/S start/end markers and such.

Doom Builder can do that, as far as I know. Just use the Save Into.. feature from the File menu and it should save everything in whatever wad you want to merge into the wad you select.