Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm doing a Punisher Partial Conversion and was wondering about sevral things:
1) What is a good graphics editor? (I'm stuck with MS Paint at present)
2) What is a good map editor? (DeeP and DMapEdit don't work on my computer)
3) How do I us the new ZDoom features and incorporate them into my PC? (I'm a noob at this)
4) How far should I go? I've only converted part of the status bar with not-so-good results, and am not sure if i should go any further than a new TITLEPIC, some new weapons, and a Punisher skin.

1) Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, The GIMP
2) Doom Builder, DeePSEA, DETH / ZETH, DEU (not in XP), WHY, DCK, EdMap, DoomEd, DEDA, MDE, ADE, XWE, idEdit, just to name a few
3) For map effects, make all your maps with an editor that supports Doom in Hexen formatted maps. For ZDoom lumps and shit, check the ZDoom Wiki.
4) Depends. You could even call it a TC if you wanted to; STRAIN didn't replace everything and it's known as "the biggest TC ever".

Thanks for the info, Darkhaven. And by the way, how do I post my WAD? Do I upload it to my site and link to it, or what? Or would just taking a screenshot of my pitiful excuse for a status bar work?

Where do I get these? I don't have anywhere near how much cash it takes for Photoshop and Paint Shop, and I don't know how to compile source code for GIMP. Are there any free executables that I can get hold of?

Um... you don't have to compile to use GIMP... Install the GTK runtime environment thing, then install the GIMP binary package.

kristus said:

It's known as "the biggest TC ever"? O_o By whom?

Read the STRAIN text file :/

Oh, and Judge_Dredd:

http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/utils/editors.php
This page is a list of all the wad editing tools I mentioned above, except for DEDA and DEDASF (if that was ever completed). Also, to upload your wad, that depends how you want to go about it; I can host it for you on my Ripway account, or you can upload it via FTP to the Doomworld /incoming server and have Ling sort it into the proper category himself. If you want me to host it, mail me at http://www.elric@monumentweb.com and I'll post it in this thread when I get it uploaded.

And the second biggest TC ever is Hacx.
and then there's Aliens TC (not as many levels but it have a whole lot more TC about it than STRAIN ever had) - But if you count in how popular it was then Aliens TC was the biggest TC ever.

Thanks for the info again, and this leads me to another question:
Where do I get the runtime environment thing?
And by the way, if anybody would be willing to join my team, I would appreciate it.
I just need a graphics designer, level designer, and that' about it so far. As for progress in my WAD, I haven't gotten anything done since my first post due to school and all that shit.

If you want, I could rip some weapon graphics for the project. Just tell me what ya need, and i'll find an FPS with the most suitable matches.

I'll send it as soon as I can, and as for weapons, I'm looking for a Desert Eagle .357, Drum-Fed Combat Shotgun, RPG (I might work on this, so....) and that's about it. I'm trying to work on some weapons on my own, but haven't got the DLL yet, so I haven't listed everything I need. Thanks for the help!

Unrelated: Watch out for a guy named True fire registering. He may seem legit, and will ask you a few questions for help, but please, he is trouble, and stupid. You've been warned.

Related: Yeah, i'd definatly want the bunisher more than the punisher in this mod.

OK, now that I'm getting overly excite ppl wanting me to change my mod, Punisher PC is probably no more unless I decide to make 2 seperate WADs.

Nah, just make 1. With bunisher :p

And about the true fire thing, he's looking for help on how to build a level. He wants to do a "Put 10 demons around a corner" level AKA a 1994 wad.

I'll include Spider-Man, but probably as the MAP32 boss because I intend to base the mod off a current storyline (Looking into 'Mother Russia'). If anybody else is willing to help, please PM or e-mail me.